Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took the good TBI home and stuck it on.

225EB7A0-8EEE-4C7A-95C0-DB1DF8917A80.jpeg

I think AFI makes the harness with the intention that you mount the computer on the drivers side because a couple of the sections were too short. ECT and O2

I added 15” to the ECT and ran it down the water tube to the thermo housing

580F5A34-5D9C-418C-A7EB-6AE37A15086D.jpeg

Next I added 18” to the O2 sensor and ran it under the motor between the clutch cover and oil pan

5567C335-06EF-4F5B-9A24-F608C642031B.jpeg

29129F9F-075D-4166-9094-032A29A553C4.jpeg

This is the part number for the air cleaner gasket

81F444A7-BC48-43D4-B061-4B7D5F10790C.jpeg

I forgot this piece of awesome.

I had my hood painted the wrong color.

I did Medium Blue and not Light Metallic Blue.

What a moron I am. Dammit.

769E1BDF-0769-4FED-B510-6D9DEA99298F.png

At least you can just repaint the hood now instead of the whole truck.

At least you can just repaint the hood now instead of the whole truck.

Yep. I really didn’t want to do all that. I like my beater 20’ truck

I’ll take the bumper off and let him spray it and the valance and the fronts of the fenders that are buggered up

I know you haven't really put it to the test yet, but what are your thoughts on that CSF Rad? I need one for mine and that looks to be a pretty solid choice, plus that sweet sweet prime shipping....

I know you haven't really put it to the test yet, but what are your thoughts on that CSF Rad? I need one for mine and that looks to be a pretty solid choice, plus that sweet sweet prime shipping....

I thought I put a side-by-side somewhere in this thread but I will say that they look identical. They weigh the same.

The only thing I discovered is that this is a 85+ which uses a smaller radiator cap than the 84. It also has a cooler integrated that I would not use for anything personally.....I plugged mine.

I thought I put a side-by-side somewhere in this thread but I will say that they look identical. They weigh the same.

The only thing I discovered is that this is a 85+ which uses a smaller radiator cap than the 84. It also has a cooler integrated that I would not use for anything personally.....I plugged mine.

So it’s technically an FJ62 radiator. Interesting.

If you wheeled this hard I would use the cooler for the PS system.

AFI is going above and beyond to fix the broken part FYI. They offered to just send the injector pod out immediately but since the part is going back to @maxbob002 i wanted them to build it back and test it. He said he had never seen such a failure.

I got the last pigtail wired in. I just made a jumper patch to bring in the crank wire sensor to the alternator.

23667354-D8B4-4C71-AFD0-5752D81DBABA.jpeg

Loaded it up with 2 gallons of green concentrate and 2.5 gallons of distilled water .....

7 quarts of Rotella and one quart of Lucas break in oil ......

Then fired it up.

I’m gonna blow it up if I keep doing this. I’ll get some timing help and start again.

It’s cooking off paint everywhere. That’s the smoke. The fire though......that seems like timing.

That popping on start seems like too much initial but I would have it expected to buck the starter back. I’d just check and see where the initial is at.

That popping on start seems like too much initial but I would have it expected to buck the starter back. I’d just check and see where the initial is at.

So with the AFI I still want 7 degrees correct? @under_psi is bringing his timing light up in a few.

So with the AFI I still want 7 degrees correct? @under_psi is bringing his timing light up in a few.
I would think to start there. The system is supposed to advance the timing for you with the DUI dizzy correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom