Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have one of these yet?
B263DC5F-84BC-4272-B3A0-FAF55F513B8A.jpeg

Made it back in one piece. 1000 miles round trip. My exhaust gasket came off again. I think the bolts are shot. Two of the nuts were missing. It happened just as I left Mosley Motors but I said screw it and put my Bose headphones on and hit the interstate.

About an hour out my AFR started going nuts if I gave it fuel. I figured it was mad at me for having a uncapped header 2” from the O2 sensor. I’ll post some videos.

After I put some bolts in it ran perfect for :30 then started again. It’s a sputter at cruise. It had enough to get me home and once I hit the 2 lane it would not do it again.

I’ll replace the gasket and the O2 sensor and see if that’s the problem. Fuel delivery was good. No issues on this trip other than that on the last 70 miles.

84F83893-A6E3-449C-B9F6-E50EAC277A8C.jpeg

E7929175-1C2E-4B31-831F-42391FB133BA.jpeg

658E9C5F-6F60-40B1-9DC4-E59F80DBC7FA.jpeg

22DCED49-F698-4CAC-9353-903603D17FBB.jpeg

I had same AFR A/F readings similar to your setup. My exhaust system is intact with no known leaks. Suspected O2 sensor. Instead of replacing the O2 sensor as I had already done once before, I pulled and soaked the sensor end in gasoline overnight. Cleaned with rag and reinstalled. Has been working great sense. Still have backup in glove box.

I had same AFR A/F readings similar to your setup. My exhaust system is intact with no known leaks. Suspected O2 sensor. Instead of replacing the O2 sensor as I had already done once before, I pulled and soaked the sensor end in gasoline overnight. Cleaned with rag and reinstalled. Has been working great sense. Still have backup in glove box.

I put a good gasket in the exhaust yesterday and a new O2 and put 70 miles on it today with no issue. Pretty sure it was just pissed about the open exhaust. Makes sense really being so close to the O2.

I’ll keep y’all posted.

Swapped spots in the shop with the Warthog yesterday. This morning the floor was full of water from all the ice packed under the 60.
View attachment 2588043View attachment 2588044
I am about to start a series of upgrades on Ole Blue and have been collecting parts for her for a few months. Most all of them are at the farm now and I’m going to start a few of them this week. This weekend we are hoping to pull the motor out of the Milk Jug 60 in my shop so I can’t do it all before then. Stay tuned.
View attachment 2588045
Couple of small things I did this am before my conference calls .... some underhood rubber from Beno.

The long needed hood strut upgrade. Two M8 Nutzerts at the top and factory bolts on the bottom. Easy. Can’t believe I waited so
Long to do this

Look along the top of my tailgate.....Wagon Gear sells this little weatherstrip that goes along the top that takes all the slack out of the lift gate. I’ve done everything I could to get rid of that rattle and never had luck. This should do the trick. It really takes a slam to close now.

Amazing close-up shot.. sometimes I miss icicles, being in So Cal now.. (sometimes).
Hey, can details on your rear bumper and what looks like small swing-outs for the can and the spare? That's a pretty clean look.
Feel free to reply or just PM me directly?:

I have a 1990 FJ62.. are the hood insulation Toyota OEM? Or aftermarket? I need that hood strut upgrade!

Ok.. thanks... -J.

Amazing close-up shot.. sometimes I miss icicles, being in So Cal now.. (sometimes).
Hey, can details on your rear bumper and what looks like small swing-outs for the can and the spare? That's a pretty clean look.

I have a 1990 FJ62.. are the hood insulation Toyota OEM? Or aftermarket? I need that hood strut upgrade!

Ok.. thanks... -J.

The rear bumper is Kaymar.

The struts are a common upgrade. Not OEM but you can get them on Rock Auto. Lots of threads about them here.

Thanks for following! The long promised upgrades will be coming soon. I lost My window to work on my own junk when the pallet was delayed a week.

Ok.. thanks... -J.
The new hood insulators are crisp. Makes it look so nice when you pop the hood. Do the strut upgrade! You'll love it.

The new hood insulators are crisp. Makes it look so nice when you pop the hood. Do the strut upgrade! You'll love it.
Just did it and you are correct sir!

the underhood rubber insulation is available from Toyota? OEM? I think someone mentioned Beno? Is there an order/item number?
Thanks..

Interested to find out as well, I thought it was discontinued?
Looks like it's still available at Toyota... I also thought it was NLA. Price seems ok also...
I'm debating installing this with or without some additional heat shield?? before I get my rig repainted. My hood has terrible paint peeling, (but I think it might be due to the cheap-ass s***ty spray-over job the PO did before selling years back)..

Looks like it's still available at Toyota... I also thought it was NLA. Price seems ok also...
I'm debating installing this with or without some additional heat shield?? before I get my rig repainted. My hood has terrible paint peeling, (but I think it might be due to the cheap-ass s***ty spray-over job the PO did before selling years back)..

I had no problem getting the hood insulator, I was curious about the hood seal to radiator support. I think the part number is 53381-90A00-U?

Dobinsons Uograde
After 12 years with the OME springs and 2 years with the Ironman Foamcell Pro I decided to swap in a Dobinsons lift with the full adjustable MR shocks.
D96BDADD-5930-4ABC-8575-F8F651CC8E84.jpeg

Today I collected parts and prepped the front for the springs and shocks.

B4E5ECAE-994C-489D-B6C2-A2F130CD1615.jpeg

Dirty to clean
B00BAFD9-6D33-4D71-A6E0-D76773062178.jpeg

FE1A6FE6-110F-4CB2-ADF7-AC7212946CC6.jpeg

Before pic after a pressure wash
47B970A0-2F81-4D5C-AACF-784C022167AB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom