Official Pig Paint Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some flat black would fix that right up

Doomer's color pick for everything!

New Pig owner asking what color they should paint their Pig:

Doomer - Black. Lots and lots of black...

Pablo - Panther Pink

J Mack - Nebula Green

Last edited:
Doomer's color pick for everything!

New Pig owner asking what color they should paint their Pig:

Doomer - Flat Black

Pablo - Panther Pink

J Mack - Olive, Avocado, Lime, Forest, Harlequin or Asparagus as long as you call it Nebula Green
FIFY:flipoff2:

Love this place!

Warthog close

11D53F9C-CD53-4F68-A46C-21A925344051.jpeg
D8BC5DA7-A0D7-4213-B928-11602589DFC2.jpeg

Resurrecting this thread. @wngrog, still happy with semi-gloss white rustoleum for the Olympus white match or have you found another? Anyone with other options? I'm planning on leaving the original paint on the exterior, but would like to clean up the interior on Chuck. Also, since it's a paint thread, any easy matches for the Royal Blue? Thanks
IMG_2330-XL.jpg

BFG%20KM3%20Pig-L.jpg

Resurrecting this thread. @wngrog, still happy with semi-gloss white rustoleum for the Olympus white match or have you found another? Anyone with other options? I'm planning on leaving the original paint on the exterior, but would like to clean up the interior on Chuck. Also, since it's a paint thread, any easy matches for the Royal Blue? Thanks
IMG_2330-XL.jpg

BFG%20KM3%20Pig-L.jpg
Looks good!

IMG_2330-XL.jpg

BFG%20KM3%20Pig-L.jpg

I did some touch up painting with Cruiser Corp's Cygnus White. It's $20 a can but seems to be pretty good paint and relatively large cans.

I did some touch up painting with Cruiser Corp's Cygnus White. It's $20 a can but seems to be pretty good paint and relatively large cans.

We like relatively large cans in here.
As for the $20, sometimes you gots to pay to play...

1984-prom-jpg.318958

Sorry, could not help it!

Last edited:
Grease,

Here is a link to a previous thread re: the white change out date. Back then, I had mad skills (access to the BASF puters....call it the HAL 9000). It was 1978 when they switched the white from 012 to 031. Need paint codes for 55 blue and white - https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-pig-preservation-society/135472-need-paint-codes-55-blue-white.html

I no longer have the mad skills (ability) to tap into the BASF HAL 9000....something I should try to regain I suppose.

Looks like this reference chart is incorrect and @toddslater is correct on the switch from 012 to 031. My '77 pig (October '76) has a 265 color code which is 309 and 012 (Freeborn red and Cygnus white). Chart shows 265 ending in 1975. Yes I'm bored in case anyone was asking. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom