Official Pig Paint Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formula for Nebula....

Todd, Thanks again for your help.

These formulas read like a formula for acrylic enamel fomulation - :frown:

It appears that the big guys are not supporting the old foreign paint codes into the 2-stage base/clear formulations...

:meh:

Don't throw in the towel yet...I'll make the call to CG out in Columbus who mixes BASF at his shop and see what he comes up with from them.

Is this Piggy Rustic Green? or a non-factory green. It's not mine, just photographed it today.
DSCN2428.jpg

Not that I could obviously see (overspray, other color in the rusted sections, etc), It was locked up so I couldn't check the gas cap, firewall, etc.

So there were no white tops from the factory?

As far as I know that was never an option. I'll see if I can find that paint thread that pops up from time to time.

Not that I could obviously see (overspray, other color in the rusted sections, etc), It was locked up so I couldn't check the gas cap, firewall, etc.

So there were no white tops from the factory?

Hey TJ,

Sorry...but I finally got a hold of my friend with the shop. He has the BASF mixing system and puter in shop. If you want to base coat/clear coat, BASF has Diamont paint line. He put in Toyota 622 and it gave him the formula. So, you should be able to go to any supplier that mixes/sells BASF paint line. Tell them you want Diamont, Toyota 622, (years 72-74) nebula green and they should be able to mix it for you. Now there may be a catch if they only can mix water base. If thats the case...shoot me an PM.

Todd

Bumping an old thread for a color question.

Has anyone ever found a “close enough” rattlecan paint for Muleta Red?

I’m polishing out my 73 donor doors and I’m liking it more and more. Need some rattle to do the rear 1/4 panels

2C6B2530-C54A-41DB-A2B2-C937C06DA48C.jpeg

I need to find “baby shmitd” mustard in a spray bomb for mine, it already has at least 3 shades on it from various previous repairs.

Just thinking...try the red as a thin fog coat over black primer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom