My progression over the coming years with an interesting forty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, that’s some good advice I think, I was going to start modding over the summer. For now I’m just setting up a blueprint and modifying the blueprint as more people give feedback! I was considering buying a welder to fix my body panels, and I think it is a pretty good overall investment. I think I am going to fix some bodywork first, then maybe fab a bumper myself.

Body work is much harder than a bumper. Learn to weld with the bumper, and then look at your body. Body work is really time consuming, and will be especially difficult if you have never stuck steel together before. Thin metal is much more difficult to work with than thicker stuff.

Body work is much harder than a bumper. Learn to weld with the bumper, and then look at your body. Body work is really time consuming, and will be especially difficult if you have never stuck steel together before. Thin metal is much more difficult to work with than thicker stuff.
I updated my message with some info, not sure if you saw

I updated my message with some info, not sure if you saw

315x75x16

20200930_165842.jpg

20200930_165457.jpg

20201107_160915.jpg

20201107_160927.jpg

Minor rubbing on the inner wheel wells, trimmed wheel wells. 35"s dont fit without a little work, and hacking up the body. I wouldn't start on 35"s personally. There are plenty of examples of 33"s and a 4" lift on mud. Check put @cbmontogo 's Pikachu thread for some good pictures, and there are plenty of others. In the end, it's all up to you, but do your research before committing.

Yea....I must have seen people do lifts plus SOA to fit 35s. Looking again, 33s seems to fit the trucks a lot better.
315x75x16

View attachment 2612519

View attachment 2612520

View attachment 2612521

View attachment 2612522

Minor rubbing on the inner wheel wells, trimmed wheel wells. 35"s dont fit without a little work, and hacking up the body. I wouldn't start on 35"s personally. There are plenty of examples of 33"s and a 4" lift on mud. Check put @cbmontogo 's Pikachu thread for some good pictures, and there are plenty of others. In the end, it's all up to you, but do your research before committing.

Yea....I must have seen people do lifts plus SOA to fit 35s. Looking again, 35s seems to fit the trucks a lot better.

I think the 315s look great, but I wouldnt go ot of the way to cut up a perfectly good body just to fit them in. My PO's did that for me, and they dropped the value of the truck because of it. I have my wheeler project to mess with the body. SOA is a great option for better ride quality and lift, but that is a lot of work.

I think the 315s look great, but I wouldnt go ot of the way to cut up a perfectly good body just to fit them in. My PO's did that for me, and they dropped the value of the truck because of it. I have my wheeler project to mess with the body. SOA is a great option for better ride quality and lift, but that is a lot of work.
Right now for lifts, I’m contemplating skyjacker 4 inch and rough country 4 inch. I have heard of SOA and know the concept, but I’m not 100% sure what it is. Do you need a new kit and parts to do it, or can you just flip the parts upside down and have a free lift? Right now I’m leaning more towards skyjacker, but still considering rough country a little bit because of the unlimited warranty (basically free leafs amd shocks forever). Anyway, can you roughly explain how a person would do a SOA lift?

For your big bull bar ,have you seen the old style arb catcher mask like this

View attachment 2613082
Yea I’ve seen that. I think I’m pretty set on making my own though since 1. It will save some money and 2. It will help me learn to weld a little before I start doing body panels. I don’t want to fish out a ton of money on something I could make in my driveway. Besides, it’s almost impossible to find that since they quit making it.

I mean you could build a copy of the arb not buying one
Yea the bumper looks good. Probably go for a mix of a boxy one and the ARB one.

Thoughts on Milestar Patagonia MT tires for my rig?

Thoughts on Milestar Patagonia MT tires for my rig?
I’m just asking because although it is a cheap tire, it has amazing reviews online. People say that it drives on the road like an all terrain, drives in mud like a decent mud terrain, has decent longevity, and overall good tread pattern and good tire. Not sure if anyone here has it, but if you do, I would like to hear your thoughts because it sounds like a great tire for a great price.

Basketball net hitch would be pretty funny to put on the forty

DCA4BB00-66D3-465D-90B7-8A4F2B34DEAD.png

I'm curious if you had any issues with NC DMV getting a tittle/tag. I get so frustrated with them when bringing in cars/trucks from out of state. Especially from places like NH that don't title older cars.

I'm curious if you had any issues with NC DMV getting a tittle/tag. I get so frustrated with them when bringing in cars/trucks from out of state. Especially from places like NH that don't title older cars.
I didn’t have any trouble at all. I titled and registered 2 trucks without issue. The only issue I had was that it took a while to find the VIN of my freeborn red 40. I’m kind of surprised. The title naturally takes a while to arrive but the registration was pretty easy going for me.

Also, I forgot to mention. They have protocols on titling cars from every single country, but they often lose the book that has the instructions on them. They also needed a translator for the title, but thank goodness I speak Spanish so I could interpret the title. As long as they have the protocols, they know what to do. I usually call ahead to make sure they have the book with the protocols before I actually try and get the registration.

Question: how tippy are 4 inch lift with 33s? I know 40s are too heavy, and I am wondering how careful you need to drive if you have a 4 inch lift and a roof rack? I’m just planning for the future. Roof rack isn’t necessary but it looks cool

Also another question: how fast can I go downhill with a B engine without over reviving it? It screams pretty loud on the highway I think, I haven’t taken it out on the interstate in a while, but I am not sure how fast I can go downhill without damaging it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom