LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need help. I have removed the top center valence fasteners and have tried to pull the valence "forward to disengage the clips." But it seems like no matter how hard I pull, the center valence is not coming out. The yellow fasteners (Toyota Part # 90467-09197) Just won't budge.

How much strength is required? I have already tried at least 50 lbs of pressure to pull it out but it is not budging. I am worried if I pull harder, I will break something.

Any tips?

As of right now, I can't get the trim pieces off so I can't get the headlights out.

Replied in the head light removal guide... I have found if you spray wd-40 on the plastic clip they'll come off without to much pressure.... For a faster response just call me 703-371-8494

E4FA6B41-5EFE-4DBA-9C64-9BFF55A555A7.jpeg
A160E65B-F404-46C8-BA4F-D9066A8992F4.jpeg
BE5EC404-4782-4266-98AB-2F3791A62B88.jpeg
4A2CB283-3D29-4A56-B4FE-7752AFBE1E57.jpeg
So I just finished 3 sets of plug and play head lights and I’m starting 2 more but I’ve been looking into a possible solution for the high beam location that’s less expensive and easier to install than the Mini H1 which you also lose your DRL(daytime running light)
TRS sells a dedicated High Beam LED with a integrated white LED DRL running at a lower intensity
I had a extra housing sitting around... so removing the reflector bowl I then removed that little reflector that’s inside the bowl.. slipped the LED which has a longer threaded shaft thtough the hole and was able to attach the nut .. all done in 10 minutes.. sort of. It set to far back so I found a thread shaft at HD that I got to work..... hacked up a shroud and it doesn’t look that bad.
I talked to TRS about offering a shaft extension and I’ve got a few shroud on the way that should look better but this could be a easy DIY for those with a single projector that want to I have all the lights upfront producing a nice white light and get a big boost in the highbeam location.. I still need to make sure the DRL works in the LX and if so I would offer this as a DIY kit

What would the price point of the plug and play full housings look like?

Various combinations starting at $1450.00 up to $2350.00 The single D2S has been the go to combo with 50w ballast and 5800k bulbs for $1650.00 but I just received a new quote for another run of brackets which is much higher so that combo will now be priced at $1750.00
Let's call it the Trump factor. Feel free to give me call anytime and we can discuss options

Lou
703-371-8494

@Luke111 i just ordered the parts from TRS using the Black Friday discount (parts listed in your DYS guide). I then went to your site to order the brackets. Do I just need the mini h1 bracket or the DS2 as well? Is the DS2 for a different setup? Sorry for not reading this whole thread again...

View attachment 1837188 Clarity :)

Thanks again Lou!

-Enrique

You didn't mess around!!! He's rolling with the D2S 50W Ballast and a 7000K Osram bulb...when combined with the 50W ballast produces a true 6000k output.
If anyone has concerns about down time and install time of the plug and play headlights .. I handed Enrique his lights yesterday at 12:00 and he completed his install and the suns still up..Enjoy those lights!!

Low and high beam output of his lights

6d181a33-1f65-42a0-87a0-41e6e96facda-jpeg.1816919

0ae1d90c-126b-452c-90b2-e5d47c11ce0e-jpeg.1816920

@Luke111 i just ordered the parts from TRS using the Black Friday discount (parts listed in your DYS guide). I then went to your site to order the brackets. Do I just need the mini h1 bracket or the DS2 as well? Is the DS2 for a different setup? Sorry for not reading this whole thread again...

Go with the Mini H1... it's a much easier install

I'll be installing my plug-and-play D2S setup tomorrow. It'll be the perfect post-Thanksgiving project. Can't wait to make an excuse to drive tomorrow night!

Chris

Freakin' love the high beam set up.

I've ordered retrofit parts and plan to do lows in a few weeks. Now I'm wondering if I should do the highs at the same time. There's no bracket required there, correct? You'd be able to use a projector fixture with the threaded section in the rear? And from then I assume it would need its own ballasts and wiring and whatnot.

Crap... You and your inspiring pics.

Watching this thread and trying to get the guts and time to do it!!!

You can always have me build a set for ya!

Freakin' love the high beam set up.

I've ordered retrofit parts and plan to do lows in a few weeks. Now I'm wondering if I should do the highs at the same time. There's no bracket required there, correct? You'd be able to use a projector fixture with the threaded section in the rear? And from then I assume it would need its own ballasts and wiring and whatnot.

Crap... You and your inspiring pics.

No bracket required... you just need a high beam splitter and the longer threaded shaft

Man, I'd love to. If only I hadn't just bought everything in my signature in the last 6 months :eek:

You should complete the Trilogy... having great lights that you use everyday.. stand alone as one of the best mods

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom