LANDTANK - SUPERCHARGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice work! Any news on when your IC will be available for Magnuson owners? Btw, any ideas on how to mitigate the heat soak considering the IC is partially over the ex manifold? Thanks for the update.

Nice work! Any news on when your IC will be available for Magnuson owners? Btw, any ideas on how to mitigate the heat soak considering the IC is partially over the ex manifold? Thanks for the update.
You could wrap the unit but the water flow is such that it exits over the exhaust manifold on its way back to the radiator.

When will your IC setup be available? Have you had a chance to test it? Looking forward to hearing your results.

So I've done some data logging.

First off, moving the IAT sensor to a post compressor position has no effect on fuel trims and LBS/min air readings.

Wired to the MAF for IAT the idling temp was 88 degrees.

While wired to the MAF sensor for IAT and full throttle off the line to 85mph, the max temp was 104 degrees.

While wired to the intake sensor for IAT and full throttle off the line to 85mph, the max temp was 170 degrees.

When reading through the logs it looked like the truck was faster off the lint to 80mph when wired to the intake sensor.

I went back the following day focused more on just the speed performance and both configurations were the same speed wise. However the idling temp reported by the MAF sensor was only 70 degrees. So the ambient temperature was significantly cooler. I'll do more testing once summer begins in earnest.

MOVING FORWARD: while I have all the parts and fully expect them to install and function properly that's not the next step. The next step is to finalize the injectors of the new MAF tubes. Working within the confines of the bore on the air cleaner has come to an end. With more airflow comes larger injectors and larger MAFs. This requires a hose adapter to be silicone glued in to the air filter and then the MAF tube placed between 2-90dgree elbows to flow air into the charger. This make makes the system more universal while reducing manufacturing costs. So finalizing this i new scaled system is next in line.

Once done I'll be offering a full upgrade kit for those with a TRD charger.

This is when the LANDTANK charger will be installed and the size of the crank pulley is determined.

Once that is done my attention with turn to the intercooler. The intercooler with be slightly different between the TRD and LANDTANK
IMG_0318[1].JPG
chargers but leaving it last will hopefully maximize our buying power with Bell Intercoolers to save money.

Attached is a pic of the new MAF design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom