Builds Land Crusher Build Thread - V2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can't be telling people about our winter weather, that's how we get snow birds.

It's so hot here all the time everyone. Probably going to be 198 degrees today. Stay away!

Good point...

ITS SO HOT DON'T COME. SNAKES EVERYWHERE. NO RIGHTS. TACOS ARE THE WORST.

I may have missed it, but how do you like the BP-51s?
Big fan, my only complaint is that the adjustments are hard to make (the whole shock wants to rotate in the mount). Wish it was just a simple knob for rebound and compression.

As far as ride quality, they feel great. Paired with these VT coils, it’s a dream

Diff Breather Extension

1/4" (6mm) ID fuel line (I started with 2 sections, each 5ft long, trimmed down as needed)
100 series breather valve P/N 9093003097 (get two if you want a new one for the rear)

Front:
- Stick breather valve on the hose and secure with a hose clamp. New breather valve (9093003097)
- Ziptie breather to this brake line hose mount (I use weather / chemical resistant zipties from mcmaster). It's right under the master cylinder
View attachment 3263856

- Run the other end of the hose down, in front of the drivers side motor mount (this is where the factory breather valve is mounted).
- Remove the factory breather and hose mount - 12mm socket.
- Run the new hose through the old house mount, reinstall mount
- Give yourself enough slack, cut the hose, give it a little twist to keep it tidy, install onto axle nipple:
View attachment 3263860

Rear:
- Remove the old hose, pull off the the old valve and the mount.
- Run the new hose through the old mount, stick hose on axle nipple, give yourself plenty of slack. A little twist in the hose keeps it tidy.
- Run the other end of the hose along the fuel fill line:
View attachment 3263864
- I cut the hose so that it was as far up along the fuel fill line as I could reach my arm up to ziptie (~8 inches or so)
View attachment 3263865

Here's the rear installed (will take a better picture, the panhard is covering the hose slack)
View attachment 3263866
I need to get on doing this on mine. Thanks for pics!

I have a serious tool problem….

German tools >> German cars

1DA64826-F889-458B-81AD-8272634AC395.jpeg

Nice work, Joey! I will drop my rig off at your place, and you can hook it all up for me okay? Thanks in advance! :flipoff2:
Don't threaten me with a good time :flipoff2:

1678665361917.png

I didn’t read your entire thread so I’ll ask; what lift height VT coils did you get? How much actual lift did they give?

Edit: So I became curious and pursued your thread. Your rig looks very clean well thought out.

Last edited:
I didn’t read your entire thread so I’ll ask; what lift height VT coils did you get? How much actual lift did they give?

Edit: So I became curious and pursued your thread. Your rig looks very clean well thought out.
Muchas gracias sir!

Springs are the 3" Lift, Flexi's
Fronts: C59-613V
Rears: C59-612V

With my current weight (light front bumper, no winch, no rear bumper, single rear drawer) and about a year on the springs, hub center to fender flair lip:
Front: 23.5"
Rear: 23.5"

Puts me right at 3" for lift, assuming 20.5" factory hub to flair. (I think I wrote my measurements down, pre lift, but I can't seem to find it).

Night shots of the new engine bay lighting:
1678676717286.png

Wasn't the intention, but it does look kind of cool with the hood down
1678676670885.png

These are wired up to my VO Switch panel. Considered wiring a pressure switch, but nothing I could come up with would be clean enough. So, for now, this will work. We'll see if the adhesive lasts through the AZ summer heat...

Diode Dynamics, single color sticky back strip.

Ordered some parts:
12157-10010Differential drain / fill gasket
90430-18008Transfer Case drain / fill gasket
35178-30010Transmission drain gasket
90341-18021Transfer case magnetic plug (qty 2) (allen head)
96711-24030Speedo O Ring
9043037140Oil Cap Gasket
6777112050Maroon panel clip (interior panels)
82662-60050COVER, RELAY BLOCK, NO.1

Last edited:
nice. i have a new oil cap gasket but found no way to remove the old hardened one without risking destroying the entire cap in the process. congrats on being more successful than i

will get a new cap with my next big parts order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom