Builds Fly By Night (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The output side of the LC steering column measures out close to an 11/16” x 36 spline. Does this sound correct?
I get 21 splines and about 3/4”, but maybe 11/16” is correct too.

A2B1C7EE-3B59-4CA0-9C3A-20552F065FD8.jpeg

I aint tellinn RUSH what to do, but yeah, I did a 60 box and everything went together all stock and trouble free like
A wise man around these parts once said that he wouldn’t step over an IH Scout II box for an FJ60 box, and fortunately for me, I have to agree, since my frame is already setup to run the Sag.
Four parts from Borgeson is more trouble-free than what most of this build has been 😂

hi RUSH ,

don't forget to torque down to fsm spec's , measure bearing pre-load with spring scale and STAKE BOTH DETENTS of the new flange hex nut ........

yellow paint dots work for initial pre-load phase well , sharpie day glow u shake the thing and the metal BALLS are inside , that type ..........

1642557278972.png

hi RUSH ,

don't forget to torque down to fsm spec's , measure bearing pre-load with spring scale and STAKE BOTH DETENTS of the new flange hex nut ........

yellow paint dots work for initial pre-load phase well , sharpie day glow u shake the thing and the metal BALLS are inside , that type ..........
Hey @ToyotaMatt , since you chimed in with this, here’s a question -
Do the detent plugs normally have a sealing washer between the hex head and case housing? This is a 38mm case converted to manual shift, so the front output manual engagement shaft and detent were sourced from another t-case. I don’t recall there being a washer and didn’t find any, for either the front output or the HIGH/LOW selector.

define and elaborate what a detent plug is or does , and the HEX HEAD housing please ?

thanks

" Do the detent plugs normally have a sealing washer between the hex head and case housing " 🤔

red digital ink is best to ID parts with mulit use or assigned terms if you follow me here some time ...

you can use these images as examples to red digital ink ID your said parts location question if you like ?

h55f 1.jpg
h55f3.jpg
h55f4.jpg
h55f6.jpg

Both the 4wd indicator and back up
Switches use metal crush rings for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom