Extended cab 45 SWB from a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like where this build is going but I sure think a modular flat bed would have been cool! Keep it up.

I like where this build is going but I sure think a modular flat bed would have been cool! Keep it up.
It would be cooler...but I'm out of time. Family gets back on Thursday and I will hopefully be bolting parts on until I leave for the airport. Maybe that will be Frank 3.0, modular bed with a full slide out center section???

Soliciting input on the color. The color that looked closer, was not. But I ran out of time and I needed the painting done. I can't tell if it's growing on me or it's apathy setting in at this point because I don't want to paint anymore. I could probably shoot the outside with paint before it dries completely or just leave it as is for a while and paint it down the road.

Soliciting input on the color. The color that looked closer, was not. But I ran out of time and I needed the painting done. I can't tell if it's growing on me or it's apathy setting in at this point because I don't want to paint anymore. I could probably shoot the outside with paint before it dries completely or just leave it as is for a while and paint it down the road.

Leave it for now. Looks cool

Looks badass! I like the new green color. Curious to see what you end up doing for fenders because I think that will help tie it together.

That looks great !! :cheers: 👍
JP

Soft top for sure, the same who did the original will be redoing it 12" longer and covering the door uppers with zip down windows. I doubt I'll do seats in the bed but I still have my original rear bench seats I could put back there. The VW rear seats I have in it now are pretty great for what I need...could do 3 across kids seats all with LATCH tie downs.

Still haven't finished my fender flares, but I did lengthen them. I'll stack up a bunch of projects then paint all at once. I picked up a fiberglass top from Mudrak and boy was it close to fitting.

The width of my cage prevents the top from coming down all the way, so instead of redoing my entire cage I'll be doing what @A10Driver just did and widening this top about 4". I will probably need to extend the height of my rear door frames or come up with a panel above the frame to meet the top and hold it up. I'm thinking of making a frame for a rear window and having the window span most of the rear...maybe out of lexan. Same with the rear corners / C-pillars. Bend a piece of Lexan to go from the rear door frame around to the rear window frame and I can bolt on/off easily. Plus if I used clear lexan I could have stockish looking corner windows by painting the rest of the C-pillar around it white. The rear of my cab is a much sharper radius than a stock 40 or 45.

Very fast build...Simply amazing... from 2 doors to 4 doors in 3 months.
I want t o do something like this on a 80 series chassis.

I ended up widening the top 2" at the rear and 1.75" at the front. I HATE FIBERGLASS. The top I got had been very poorly repaired and I didn't feel like fixing it great, so if you are 9ft tall you can see a bow in the middle. Sprayed it Raptor White and bolted it on. It's much quieter with the hard top. I have to redo the rear door frames but I have a plan! Also got the rear fender flares on.

I ended up widening the top 2" at the rear and 1.75" at the front. I HATE FIBERGLASS. The top I got had been very poorly repaired and I didn't feel like fixing it great, so if you are 9ft tall you can see a bow in the middle. Sprayed it Raptor White and bolted it on. It's much quieter with the hard top. I have to redo the rear door frames but I have a plan! Also got the rear fender flares on.

Nice work, looks really good

Finally got around to welding in a resonator and routed the exhaust out the back. Much quieter and the kids don't run away screaming when I start Frank up!

Also got the rack redone and painted. I used 80/20 to make a removable shelf or roof top tent platform. Figure I can put bike skewer locks or tool mounts on easier this way and drill fewer holes.

Yesterday I got all the center console switches installed and the AUX fuse box. Also finally put a parking brake in it...no space though so it's under the rear seats. Today I loaded up the kayak, beach gear and family. Spent the day at the beach, truck did well but there are a couple of rattles I really need to kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom