Builds Camo's build thread - 2F to 2UZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@thatcabledude donated an old license plate to fix one of my permanent temporary fixes. Much appreciated! Digging the look, too.

20220426_164706.jpg

The other shifter hole wasn't as easy to patch up. A little more work there and itll get a similar plate solution.

Last edited:
Improvements. A whole bunch of ceramic tint. Should be cooler crossing the Great Plains this Summer.

20220512_121243.jpg

Looks pimp!!!!

Great upgrade!

Pinion seal packed it in for good (3rd one to fail), so I'm knocking off other projects as I tear into the diff to see what's killing 'em. Got the dynaliner in this afternoon. Looking forward to see the thermal result.

Kept my magnetic storage bin 😉

Sure looks clean:

20220604_183801.jpg

Ginally got the rear diff torn apart and spread out on the bench. Gear set and bearings looked good. The failed pinion seal was another story.

It came from a Sierra kit, has no identifying marks on it, and the lip was shot. Not sure if it ever had oil repelling features on the lip, but there were none present and the lip had totally collapsed leaving a ~3mm polished spot on the flange. Replaced with another left over seal from Yukon and buttoned the works up with a solid spacer. At least now it's easy to replace it safely when the seal inevitably craps out 🔧

Productive Saturday. Ditched the 60 front brakes for a set from 5th gen 4runner.

These things are huge comparatively.

20220611_171748.jpg
20220611_165147.jpg
20220611_165207.jpg

IFS hubs need one more machining op to fit 5th gen compared to 4th gen. The hub needs about a .060 chamfer to provide relief for the step shown below on the inside of the rotor. 4th gen doesn't need that.

20220611_185841.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ did this recently for a friends 60. He drives a Mercedes AMG55. It stopped better than it!!!! Great upgrade.

^^^ did this recently for a friends 60. He drives a Mercedes AMG55. It stopped better than it!!!! Great upgrade.

Biggest improvements I've seen with it so far is the feel and the resistance to brake fade. Definitely recommend the swap.

Most folks run a T100 master, but I had an 80 master on hand. Works, just have to watch for the switched master cyl ports.

Yep. Non ABS vs ABS on 80. They are reversed.

For the record...

Non ABS - Port closest to booster is Front Brakes
ABS - Port furthest to booster is Front Brakes

Is that right?

Backwards.

You have my old brackets right?

GMSTR 2022 was a blast! All the "bigger" stuff I had run before this trip was dress rehearsal.

15.png
stuck.png

@bush and I ran some reds and had a riot of a day. Smashed a qtr panel, but it was worth it! Was fun running some of this buggy stuff and then driving it home. Thanks go to some seriously good spotting and some patience from the boys at Budbuilt and 12th State Offroad.

Upcoming changes:

-The sliders have to move into the body - they just flat-out get in the way.
-The transmission crossmember needs to get thinner, and a belly pan needs to go on to smooth things out.
-Hydro assist is a must at this point. Adding more PS cooling capacity with that project. Maybe move to a ported 80 box w/ 105 shaft? Fair bit of work. Gonna ponder.
-Fuel pump is going in the tank - it got hot and shut me down three times. Going to move the fuel lines outboard of the frame as well to reduce fuel heating loads.
-Rear through frame sway bar will go in. She's just too floaty in the corners.

Last edited:
GMSTR 2022 was a blast! Finally got Camo into some trails that all this work was done for, and she did well thanks to some seriously good spotting and some patience from the boys at Budbuilt and 12th State Offroad.

View attachment 3039644View attachment 3039645View attachment 3039646

@bush and I ran some reds and had a riot of a day. Smashed a qtr panel, but it was worth it! Was fun running some of this buggy stuff and then driving it home.

Upcoming changes:

-The sliders have to move into the body - they just flat-out get in the way.
-The transmission crossmember needs to get thinner, and a belly pan needs to go on to smooth things out.
-Hydro assist is a must at this point. Adding more PS cooling capacity with that project. Maybe move to a ported 80 box w/ 105 shaft? Fair bit of work. Gonna ponder.
-Fuel pump is going in the tank - it got hot and shut me down three times. Going to move the fuel lines outboard of the frame as well to reduce fuel heating loads.
-Rear through frame sway bar will go in. She's just too floaty in the corners.

Yeah we did have a blast that day. Really all week.

And you drove yours home. Mine only made it halfway...

Yeah we did have a blast that day. Really all week.

And you drove yours home. Mine only made it halfway...

What happened?

What happened?
Don't exactly know yet. Started grinding on coast. TCase oil was full of glitter and flakes. Going to get it Saturday and tear down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom