Best console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love my Smitty! $92 shipped from Amazon.
IMG_5467.JPG

^^ Cool. Is that 6" or 8" ? Or are those Tuffy options?

Last edited:
^^^ Man looks like that 60 needs a shopvac

my vote is for the Cruiser Crap console. I've had the cheaper console....but obviously didn't think cheap was good enough to buy it again. I don't have my CfruiserCrap console installed yet, but the quality is exceptional. It will mount on my WagonGear Seatbox. I have test fit it but not bolted in. It will be shown in my build thread when i get to that point. but again, i couldn't be more happy with the quality of the build on this console. I rank it up there with the Wagon Gear quality of fabrication.

Wished someone would make a console similar to the dark brown found in tan interiors. Not crazy about buying a new console and having to hit it with a rattle can or have the leather top recovered. I've had great success with the SEM paints and prep products for refreshing plastic parts. But that's on 35 year old parts; not a brand new console.

What mods are required for a Smitty or Tuffy in a 62?
Main modifications you will have to do is drill your own bolt holes for mounting. The ones in it line up with nothing so you will have to figure out your positioning and drill some holes.

Also realize that the cup holder is absolute garbage and will fall apart on you quickly. Come up with a revised solution for it. while you have everything out.

I have the cruiser crap console in my fj40-its incredible. Several hidden compartments, plenty of room. However with so many components to it, I found lots of areas that were likely to rattle like crazy on bumpy roads. Took an hour or 2 extra while assembling to carefully see where sources of rattles could be and to insulate/secure those areas. For example the rear hidden drawer can rattle, so I but rubber strips on the slides to make it a tighter drawer. Also the bottom of the main compartment can rattle, so I secured that better. It doesn't rattle at all now. I also didn't use the cup holders, I need something that actually grabs the cups so they don't fly out when offroad, for that I use bicycle water bottle holders. But for mild trail use the supplied cup holders would be fine. I used the solid switch panel and drilled my own holes because I like the old school toggle switches.
20180424_203326-jpg.1685600

I like my Tuffy on my 60. Gray matches my interior.

Install was fairly easy as I good friend who is great wrench do most of it.

Cup holders been working fine. I like that it locks so I can put plenty of gear in it.

The wife lkes there is enough room for both of us to share the arm rest.

No sharp corners that have caused me any issues, and I do not.have small kids. Anyone have problems ?

I did not go with CCOT, because the wife like Tuffy color. I like that Tuffywas made for 60., and I like to have my wife rolling with me.

I think pick what you like and it's all good.

I like my Tuffy on my 60. Gray matches my interior.

Install was fairly easy as I good friend who is great wrench do most of it.

Cup holders been working fine. I like that it locks so I can put plenty of gear in it.

The wife lkes there is enough room for both of us to share the arm rest.

No sharp corners that have caused me any issues, and I do not.have small kids. Anyone have problems ?

I did not go with CCOT, because the wife like Tuffy color. I like that Tuffy may be used for 60., and I like to have my wife rolling with me.

I think pick what you like and it's all good.

Last edited:
I have a Tuffy, and since I paid good money for it, it is the best.
Seriously, it is the only one I have owned/installed. Absolutely no complaints about fit, finish, or quality.
Which ever one you choose, it will be light years better than stock.
Good luck.

Did you mount the stereo into it? If so, what did you for to hole in the dash?
I have a Tuffy, and since I paid good money for it, it is the best.
Seriously, it is the only one I have owned/installed. Absolutely no complaints about fit, finish, or quality.
Which ever one you choose, it will be light years better than stock.
Good luck.

images

Proper fridge/freezer... fits nicely between the front seats.

Wcf-11. Cost about $400au

I have an iVault. I had to drill 2 holes to line it up with my factory mounts. It works, have a huge hole in the middle and can take a stereo.
The beauty of any custom mounted console is you can adjust it to fit your needs. Mine is installed in such a way that in 2nd or 4th the shifter does not hit my coffee cup and I can still take it out of the console.
To far forward and I could not get the cup out easy.

P1180576.JPG

Did you mount the stereo into it? If so, what did you for to hole in the dash

Stereo was already in the dash. Could be a Ham radio in the console in he near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom