NEW 60 Series Center Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orikawa

orikawa
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.orikawa.net
Wrapping up the design and manufacturing details on the ORIKAWA 60 Series Center Console this month.

To maintain a reasonable price-point the initial run (at least) of consoles will be done as a batch. Pre-Order will open in the next two weeks with units expecting to ship in October. Final price is not determined yet.

I will be getting more details together on the design and specification in the next week up on the website ORIKAWA.NET

The first production console is already spoken for as it was WON at the Solid Axle Summit 7 this month!

questions are welcome...

Thanks all for your support
Spenser

fj60 center console (3).jpg

fj60 center console (2).jpg

Looks very cool…. I like it. Will it come in colors to match other interiors? My ‘85 has the blue/gray interior

Cheers

Certainly, like the other products, there will be OEM colors available for it.

I'm all ears for arm rest notes, but I haven't had myself or passengers do a funny bone on them... even on the mock-up that was just the aluminum plate... maybe because they're set to a good height so they don't find themselves in no-mans land ? And what do you guys want a softball on a stick ? I'll do it, to a point hahahaa

For cost I think I'm gonna stay out of adding fabrics and padding to the top but I could be convinced. I can't give everyone exactly what they want (that's for sure) and I'll be damned if I wrap them in black nylon or some cheap vinyl so what gives? I think it is QUITE within everyone's wheelhouse to unscrew the arm rest puck shoot it with adhesive, wrap some foam, shoot it with adhesive, wrap some fabric/leather/snakeskin/grandmas sentimental quilt scraps, and bolt it back on with the loose ends captured underneath. Not rocket surgery, good DIY accomplishment, and totally your own.

Again, open to suggestions - its why we're all here.

fj60 center console (8).jpg

Maybe have the plates like the prototype as an option, with two holes drilled so someone could screw their own pad on? Or is that how the armrest puck is already attached?
There seems to be a plethora of pads for cars, wheelchairs, and office chairs of varying quality.

fj60 center console (8).jpg

So the first photos show the 'pucks' installed which I am planning to include with the console. This is the part which bolts onto the feature you applied green dots to. Those plates will come with 4 holes already in them to attach the orikawa plastic pucks. Those have a generous radius on them which would be a great foundation for foam/rubber/memory/silicone and a cover or used as-is.

OR yea, just throw a honker on there from your favorite office chair with some wood screws and get on with your bad self! The options are endless... I find it's my job to simply make them available, not limit you guys, and provide some good OEM-esque bones to work with

Here's a question I'd like to hear input on - The front-most panel, I'm calling the switch panel (shown with 3 60 Series switches and a RAM mount) can really accept a wide range of switches and mounts. What would you guys like to see up there? I'd like to have just a couple standard configurations.

Here's a question I'd like to hear input on - The front-most panel, I'm calling the switch panel (shown with 3 60 Series switches and a RAM mount) can really accept a wide range of switches and mounts. What would you guys like to see up there? I'd like to have just a couple standard configurations.
I think honestly with as many different variations are available (60 series, 62 series, Carling, etc.) it may not be feasible to have multiple options available unless you end up doing a "built to order" system. Myself personally I would prefer 62 series switches given my rig is a 62, but I can see many others going with either 60 series or Carling, or others.

I have to say I really dig your design overall for the console. If you made one that accommodated the 62's rear heater AND a manual tranny I'd seriously debate ditching my Tuffy project and going for one of yours 😂

Great work! It came out great. :clap:

@Spook50 I'm not scared! I got the 62 console coming up that will be a modified version of this. I'm sure the manual will fit since I have to chop the front on the 62 due to the PRNDL. I'll try to keep a similar style although the length and undercarriage are going to change. Thank the dear lord little tiny sweet baby Jesus I did the model parametric so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time !

I hear you on the options... stuff gets crazy quick and you know how it is on both sides of the business fence. Might do a separate plate I can cut in-house.

@Spook50 I'm not scared! I got the 62 console coming up that will be a modified version of this. I'm sure the manual will fit since I have to chop the front on the 62 due to the PRNDL. I'll try to keep a similar style although the length and undercarriage are going to change. Thank the dear lord little tiny sweet baby Jesus I did the model parametric so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time !

I hear you on the options... stuff gets crazy quick and you know how it is on both sides of the business fence. Might do a separate plate I can cut in-house.
It'll definitely have to be shorter to accommodate the A440F shifter. Which is a bummer for me since I have the H55F but still kept the rear heater and want that extra console length 😂

Hence why I still have my Tuffy and plan to make factory-looking skirting for it to give it an OEM look.

Perhaps make it a sub-plate that can be customized? Make it easy for someone to cut a new one without replacing the whole thing.

edit: just realized your last sentence in another post said just this…. :rofl:

Last edited:
In my old patrol truck I had a center console with that style arm rest. Oddly enough, I found a wrist pad for a computer mouse that mounted with adhesive on Amazon. Worked like a charm, extremely inexpensive, and easily replaced.

I really like everything about this console. I personally think having a sub-plate for the switch panel might take away from its simple/cool look but you never know. I found little 3d printed fj60--->carling adapters on Proffitts Resurrection website, that may be an option too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom