Console for USB and various electrics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks, just recently joined the 60 series family and really looking forward to enjoying the experience!

First thing I noticed was the lack of space and USB / electric sockets for the various instruments I use for off-roading. I do some chargers but manual gearbox clearance in 3 & 5th is so low i cant shift if I plug it in.

The console I have is the same like the 80 series (Probably retrofitted by the previous owner).
I need at 4 to 5 charging cables for the Camera / GSP / Phones etc. as well as other bits and pieces at the passenger side, so any ideas & solutions are more than welcome.

Console.jpg
Dashboard 1.jpg

Howdy folks, just recently joined the 60 series family and really looking forward to enjoying the experience!

First thing I noticed was the lack of space and USB / electric sockets for the various instruments I use for off-roading. I do some chargers but manual gearbox clearance in 3 & 5th is so low i cant shift if I plug it in.

The console I have is the same like the 80 series (Probably retrofitted by the previous owner).
I need at 4 to 5 charging cables for the Camera / GSP / Phones etc. as well as other bits and pieces at the passenger side, so any ideas & solutions are more than welcome.

View attachment 3467521View attachment 3467522
I removed the ashtray on mine and installed this FJ60 Ash Tray Switch Panel - https://cruiserhead.com/products/fj60-ash-tray-rocker-switch-panel
You can then add what ever switches or usb ports you want.

That's brilliant ..... more than enough for everything (not just the tray but the area above it!)

1698583106532.png

What wires/power go to the back of that USB dash unit? I’m full of electrical ignorance

What wires/power go to the back of that USB dash unit? I’m full of electrical ignorance

Are you referring to my original dash pictures or the below one ? The below one is from this site

FJ60 Ash Tray Switch Panel - https://cruiserhead.com/products/fj60-ash-tray-rocker-switch-panel?variant=42647381606631

That's brilliant ..... more than enough for everything (not just the tray but the area above it!)

View attachment 3467536

Are you referring to my original dash pictures or the below one ? The below one is from this site

FJ60 Ash Tray Switch Panel - https://cruiserhead.com/products/fj60-ash-tray-rocker-switch-panel?variant=42647381606631
Sorry I should have clarified.

This one…

Sorry I should have clarified.

This one…

Looks like a duel USB charger socket. I guess its the 60 button / space size that would fit directly in the console (or the 60 trash switch panel).
Depends on how you want to use it, below is a direct battery connection in case the USB charging port is needed to have power regardless of ignition position.

1698654524813.png

Found a nice solution on Aliexpress, its 13$ shipped and received.
Will just need some minor tweaking to fit it but seems snug enough.
I do need to make some holes or remove the compartment to allow cables access.

2 USB ports, 1 12V car socket and an on / off switch.
Will fuse it and connect directly to 2nd battery so i can use it with out draining main battery. The on and off switch will connect the electricity and also the internal LED lights i will fit inside.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-12 at 11.11.44_153f20d4.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-12 at 11.11.44_695d541d.jpg

I only use a bluetooth controller for my phone so I don't have anything in my radio slot. I have this installed in its pace. I also took the cigarette lighter out and installed a round one like the one shown above in its place. I had to use a step drill and open the hole up slightly to make it fit. It is recessed so the cable does not hit the shifter in 1st and 3rd.

20210223_121202.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom