NEW 60 Series Center Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a question I'd like to hear input on - The front-most panel, I'm calling the switch panel (shown with 3 60 Series switches and a RAM mount) can really accept a wide range of switches and mounts. What would you guys like to see up there? I'd like to have just a couple standard configurations.
A spot for a wireless phone charger. I have enough switch options on the dash. If I’m going to install an aftermarket console it would be awesome if it charged my phone so I can delete the dumb usb chargers and cables from the dash.

A spot for a wireless phone charger. I have enough switch options on the dash. If I’m going to install an aftermarket console it would be awesome if it charged my phone so I can delete the dumb usb chargers and cables from the dash.
RAM makes a version of the X mount with an integrated wireless charger. You still have to run the USB cord up the stalk to the charger, but at least then it can be easily concealed and remain stationary. I considered using one for the mount on my dash but the original X mount I have works well and I just have a 90° USB-C cable coming up over the pad from the windshield side so it's pretty clean as it is.

For this console, the charge mount would be perfectly implemented.

RAM makes a version of the X mount with an integrated wireless charger. You still have to run the USB cord up the stalk to the charger, but at least then it can be easily concealed and remain stationary. I considered using one for the mount on my dash but the original X mount I have works well and I just have a 90° USB-C cable coming up over the pad from the windshield side so it's pretty clean as it is.

For this console, the charge mount would be perfectly implemented.

My roommate has one of those in his Tundra. It’s pretty cool! Though, when I’ve borrowed his truck I felt like it was too bulky and a bit in the way. However, it could have been relocated.

I like the wireless charger in the new Land Cruiser. I like that I don’t have to fiddle with any cables or fixtures. Just lay it down and start the car. My plans are to install a floating double din touch screen so I can have my gps on screen and car play for music and phone calls.

I am not one to mess with my phone while I’m driving. At all. Ever. Especially, driving a manual transmission.

I also want everything as organized as I can get it. The messier your area the messier your mind. I want few distractions in front of me. Fewer things rattling, dangling, and bouncing around, in my estimation, makes for a safer ride.

Before I had a phone mount on the dash I always laid my phone on the top of the center console. It’s a good place for it because it won’t slide off into the floor. If there was a wireless charger, or provisions to install one there I would most definitely spring for this console. I love the classic lines and drivability of these trucks, but some modern amenities would be very welcome, especially if it does away with extra, bulky, annoying gear.

one of the nice things about the console being aluminum is everyone has basic wood working stuff like drills typically and can easily drill anywhere on the console to add PEM Studs, 1/4" mounting holes for RAM accessories, run wires, etc.

Honestly, it would be very hard to tackle wireless charging capability UNIVERSALLY, imo, because there are so many separate standards out there in the industry. I feel like, if you have a wireless charger you like... there is SO much room on the top of the console to permanently mount a wireless charger there with just a couple holes for wires and mounting. I will be tackling things like wireless charging, PEM Stud install, RAM Mounts in videos so you guys can customize these consoles safely and effectively.

Theres so much area on the sides, the slope on the front of the switch panel is perfect for a solid state switch bank like Switch Pros or other Amazon/chinese knockoffs, the flat walls inside, that I am really excited to see how people convert them into specific uses. I will make lots of custom changes to mine so you guys know what can be done and get the ball rolling on exploring the possibilities.

20230823_105803.jpg

20230823_110305.jpg

Aluminum? Say no more.
So far I want to buy everything you are offering.

Your door cards look top of the line. Not a better product out there from the pictures I’ve seen. This console is going to be the best aftermarket unit I’ve seen as well.

You do top quality work. I’ll be excited to get the mechanical issues ironed out so I can start installing fun stuff like you’re offering.

Aluminum? Say no more.
So far I want to buy everything you are offering.

Your door cards look top of the line. Not a better product out there from the pictures I’ve seen. This console is going to be the best aftermarket unit I’ve seen as well.

You do top quality work. I’ll be excited to get the mechanical issues ironed out so I can start installing fun stuff like you’re offering.
@CenTXFJ60 has the interior rear quarter set installed and i was able to put my hands on them recently....i have already placed my order. i was super impressed with the fit and finish and im sure the console have the same amount of love and thought put into them. Yes they are pricey but im a firm believer of the buy once-cry once mentality. And supporting a vendor of this community made the decision that much easier
Thanks again Spenser

alright, it is live on the website. Ships in October in the order they were received! Don't be the last one getting in on this batch!

I promise there is nothing close to this on the market and the comfort, functionality, value, and quality are all there in spades.

Tried to get some shots yesterday evening showing the arm rest use. I've had mine installed in the forward position because it is SOOOO nice to shift with and left the passenger one to the rear to accommodate the typical degenerate that will ride with me.

Tried to get some shots yesterday evening showing the arm rest use. I've had mine installed in the forward position because it is SOOOO nice to shift with and left the passenger one to the rear to accommodate the typical degenerate that will ride with me.
Always gotta be takin some degen somewhere 😂

What's the light assembly for on your OHSH*T bar?

There is a new 60/62 Series Quarter Panel options FAQ page to help clarify drop down menu selections on the Product Page. Included a bunch of pictures to understand the options and year by year differences. Still, as always, feel free to reach out with any questions!

found at : https://www.orikawa.net/fj60quarterpanelfaq

1698686873180.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom