99 miles to the new sty! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the safety switch just completes the ground circuit. Not sure why there’s always a problem with them? Can’t remember if they’re adjustable or if it’s an issue with the tailgate not closing completely?
Not sure either but I was always concerned that it was the reason why I couldn't get the door to budge. wrong again, at least in my case.

Next up: change out old the beat up front bench seat cover/foam with a less beat up but still semi beat up V1 SOR covers.
These happen to be in the car when I bought it. Buddy has a commercial sewing machine so I had him sew in a channel for a listing wire. Not sure what direction I am gonna go with the final version but for now ....quick add, I bought what I thought would be a matching adhesive vinyl patch but didn't match but, at Advanced Auto I managed to find some pretty close vinyl paint for a decent match...

old front bench.jpg
seat covers.jpg
front  bench 2.jpg
listing channel.jpg

seat patch match.jpg

Last edited:
Seats assembled !

Any idea how and where to cut this cover flap for the hinge area? Seems these covers are old and not sure they had the cuts properly sorted at the time.
My initial idea is to make a cut following the hinge curve but a bit larger then the hinge then tuck that piece under the hinge and the other one under the back rest to cover the gap.

open to suggestions...

rear back seat hinge.jpg
rear seat cover hinge.jpg
seat assembled.jpg

Happy to look at mine tomorrow. It still has the original upholstery.
Thanks. I have the originals which seem to have more accurate cuts and more material in the right places. I think I found an easy way out. Use the adhesive patch material stuffed into that area to cover the foam and glue or somehow attach the flap on the edge. Open to better ideas though...

temp solution.jpg

I tried some Sil-Glyde on mine back in the day and after a few dusty trails it was awful. I think the best thing is clean, dry felt.
Yeah I tried to clean them before trying silicone but the felt came off in my hand. My window seals are toast. I have new window channels I just have to go pick them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom