Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not yet. We are still ordering some odds and ends and trying to create a gap in the shop schedule. Rob needs several weeks to be able to tackle the job. I’m just sitting by waiting patiently. I think things will start moving fairly quickly in May/June.

Just let me know when the 1FZE will be available ;)

Not sure how I haven't seen this thread before. Awesome build! Can't wait to see it all come together but at the same time not wanting the build to end :) Great job.
Thank you! I recently modified my title to reflect the build’s direction. I originally started out not really sure what I was doing with the truck. But things are starting to come together and I’m enjoying this truck more and more every day.

I’m now at a point where I will probably drive it for the next couple of months until the diesel swap begins. I parked my 200 series in the warehouse and will give it a rest.

I thought I had my slider situation resolved this afternoon but Cruisin Off-road apparently will no longer ship sliders into the US. I may have to get creative and find a third-party to help me out.

Next order of business was my bungee cord visors.

[ATTACH

I came across some threads that discussed going with LS400 options. Then, a good friend of mine mentioned maybe installing some Rosen visors.....sign me up!

View attachment 1780823
View attachment 1780826

These things are awesome!! I liked them so much that I bought a set for my Troopy and another set just in case they ever stopped making them.

View attachment 1780829

Do you have a working link for these sun visors for the Land Cruiser 80?

Do you have a working link for these sun visors for the Land Cruiser 80?
Here is a pretty good write-up on the visors and some other installs. I highly recommend - put them in my 70 series also.

Next project coming up later this week. I ordered some Morimoto LED bulbs to pair with the DEPO’s and look forward to the final result. I’ve went back and forth with the possibility of a projector conversion but, after talking to a few ppl who did the conversion, I’m going to give the LED’s a chance.

Next project coming up later this week. I ordered some Morimoto LED bulbs to pair with the DEPO’s and look forward to the final result. I’ve went back and forth with the possibility of a projector conversion but, after talking to a few ppl who did the conversion, I’m going to give the LED’s a chance.

View attachment 1914872
Anymore information on the LEDs? I just got depos installed too and am having a debate already on converting to projectors.

Anymore information on the LEDs? I just got depos installed too and am having a debate already on converting to projectors.
I am patiently waiting their arrival. I ordered the Morimoto 2Stroke v2.0 bulbs from Retrofit Source. I read some pretty good reviews online. Hopefully they will show up in the next day or so and I can give you a more thorough review.

Ive had the Morimoto Leds in the Depo housing. Very bright but it also blinds oncoming traffic. Get in touch with a guy named Nick at www.theretrofitsource.com He is an 80 series guy that can put together a projector kit that does not require grinding and epoxy. The projectors are absolutely amazing!! He is a cool guy to talk to also.

Ive had the Morimoto Leds in the Depo housing. Very bright but it also blinds oncoming traffic. Get in touch with a guy named Nick at www.theretrofitsource.com He is an 80 series guy that can put together a projector kit that does not require grinding and epoxy. The projectors are absolutely amazing!! He is a cool guy to talk to also.
I’ll give him a call. I ordered my bulbs from that place. BTW @ZeGerman how are you liking your intercooler setup? I saw your truck when it was at Rob’s shop.

Well....I decided to go ahead and put in the new DEPO’s tonight. I had a really hard time staring at the box on the garage floor and wondering what they would look like mounted up. So, I dove into the project and got it done. The entire process was much quicker than I imagined. I may have spent an hour doing both sides, along with replacing the marker lights with some JDM clear DEPO’s. I still have not decided what I am going to do on the bulb situation (Miromoto bulbs will be delivered on Saturday) but this is much better than the existing lights.

The only downside is that these lights make me want new wheels for some reason. Or maybe powdercoat these black?

Let's see some shots further back!

Also do you have a link to the corner lamps?

Nice thread! Are you going to use their standalone ecu? What generation is this A442F (80 or 100series) ?

This is the hydraulic A442 and would have come from a non-US 80 series. I believe you are referring to the COMPUSHIFT module which is for the 8/1992 electronic version and up.
Yep I had a 1996 80 with a442f, nomad valve body. There is a compushift to pilot it. It was à European fzj 👍🏽.

Let's see some shots further back!

Also do you have a link to the corner lamps?
How about this one?

Here is a link to the corner lamp setup that was purchased.

I think next up on the build will be suspension, tires and bumpers. I should have some Cooper ST MAXX tires installed next week. Decided to go with 305/70/16’s with the stock wheels. As far as suspension, I have the OME BP51’s at the shop but I have to wait until after September for install as my mechanic is trying to get a few things done to my Troopy for the 70 series meet and great.

View attachment 1781475

I also ordered a new ARB front bumper. Undecided for now on the rear bumper. Leaning Slee but open to suggestions. I really just need a tire carrier - nothing crazy for rock crawling. We don’t have rocks in Florida.

Would you please comment on your BP-51 suspension? It looks like you might have bought the 'J' springs? What do you think of the system overall? What settings do you have front and rear? I like this build so far, when do you foresee swapping in your HDFT?

Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

That's exactly what I was looking for!
Just for future ref and others who may want more coverage, they do make a larger size with an angled “wing” on the mirror side. I prefer the smaller one pictured here (same as poster’s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom