1992 HZJ-75 Troopy: Going to need a bunch of advice on this build..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in the process of tearing out the dash and replacing it. Which allows all the fun of being able to look at all the craziness that has happened over the trucks life.

How does the a/c work? Wiring aside as I know that isn’t proper what is meant to be In that spot as the plastic climate control has a spot for something legit.

Appreciate all the help I get on here.

I was just looking at the parts diagrams for my 1994 FZJ75 and stumbled across this switch location. In the diagrams it shows either a blank plate ( 55519-60220 ) or an Immobilizer Indicator (small light in a blank plate). Maybe it was a switch for the AC in certain markets but not in a GCC 75. I think you've already figured out that it was not OEM but wanted to throw this information out there.

Nothing ever is easy with this thing. Taking off the dash this bolt broke. Any ideas on how to get it out? I assuming drilling will destroy this piece. I am looking for the part (61166-90K01) as well but no luck.

119570406_638068030170787_7225999288014665246_n.jpg

119563244_620133602204221_3479283617136048955_n.jpg

119632526_348692659510268_550235859233838287_n.jpg

use initially a small drill point , 2 mm , then 4 , and 5 .
the remaining thread should come out .
I assume it is a 6 thread .
you can still reuse the nut if the work is done carefully .

I am terrible at updating this, but it's a slow process thats only made slower by my level of expertise.

I've been working on chasing some gremlins around the dash and interior areas. I changed out the dash from an old beat-up brown one to a new grey one. Parts seem easier to find for the grey and I think it looks better. It would be complete but there is an issue with the cable that controls the vents so that has to get rectified before moving on. Also, with the new parts, it illustrates the need to spend more money on the steering wheel as it looks a bit rough.

I stripped and painted the interior using POR-15 and I am in the process of laying damplifier pro from second skin. With the little bit, I have completed its already a huge difference. I want to do the spray on after but that may have to wait till the truck makes it back to the states as shipping is crazy. I dropped it off back at the shop to work on a few other things. Found a couple of rust spots, exhaust, and looking over the climate controls and weird AC wiring.

_DSC2690.jpg

_DSC2678.jpg

_DSC2674.jpg

_DSC2655.jpg

_DSC2481.jpg

New metal, new welds, and if there are flanged connections they are seals burning in... but still worth a look underneath to make sure the new pipes aren’t contacting anything. If it persists more than a day or two then take it in and follow up with the installer...

Rookie question, changed the exhaust and now it has a burning smell. I am assuming its just part of the process with new pipes but just want smarter people's answer to ensure it's not something more important.

I read one time in some instructions that came with an exhaust that the pipes are oiled before they are bent....so a lot of times the smoke you see on new exhausts is that oil burning off of them. Sometimes the packing material in the mufflers does a bit of a burn off too.

I need some part number help. I am looking to get door cards, I believe that part numbers 6761060221B2 and 6762060221B2 will work for my money pit. But I am not sure, and would like to get a second or third opinion on it.

I believe that these models (HJ75, HZJ75, HZJ78, HZJ79 and VDJ76 VDJ78 VDJ79) all had the same doors so it should be easy, just a bit nervous on pulling the trigger for some reason.

I thought I got lucky with some newer seatbelts but they don't match up to my truck. They were pulled from a 1991 Land Cruiser FJ75 Fire engine that is a few months earlier than my truck but the seat belt mechanism is different. Is there any way of making this work? Everything lines up except the bottom portion which you can see from the pictures are longer and have a different angle, I don't see any way of changing the vehicle to make it work as it goes past the flat area of the seatbelt area.
i-img1200x900-1606874306g4heuj125.jpg

78EE7D4C-85F3-4ADC-B8D3-981A3D95AE44.jpeg
EEEA9632-F64A-4265-8AEF-7FE25A7E0339.jpeg

D0DDA796-2E24-4B64-8F46-49B938D1DDE2.jpeg

Does anyone have updated part numbers for

LAMP ASSY, FRONT TURN SIGNAL RH & LH
LENS, REAR COMBINATION LAMP (only reverse light, old school 75 series)

Mine have seen better days and need to be replaced. Both seem to discontinued but usually smarter people than I have found updated part numbers that work.

Thanks

Does anyone have updated part numbers for

LAMP ASSY, FRONT TURN SIGNAL RH & LH
LENS, REAR COMBINATION LAMP (only reverse light, old school 75 series)

Mine have seen better days and need to be replaced. Both seem to discontinued but usually smarter people than I have found updated part numbers that work.

Thanks

Your's are black housings, not chrome/silver, right?
LAMP ASSY, FRONT TURN SIGNAL RH - 81510-60412
LAMP ASSY, FRONT TURN SIGNAL LH - 81520-60282

Those are going to have different harness connectors than yours. Newer ones. You can cut your old connectors off your current housings and splice them in... or what I did which is bought the newer style connectors to splice onto my harness (see my build thread). This way I can buy a new housing again if one gets damaged and it's plug in play.

Can't help you on the rear combination lenses... I've got the full units with signals, parking, and reverse lights. But you can use ToyoDIY to look this stuff per your VIN...

Thanks, I have looked on the partsouq to get the part numbers. Just out of stock or NA.

Awesome, I will look into those turning lamps.

Thanks
Let me know if you want the pins and plug part numbers as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom