1992 HZJ-75 Troopy: Going to need a bunch of advice on this build.....

Yahoo auctions. If you don’t have a japanese bank account see If a local you work with can order one for you.

I look on there as well as 工具通販 MonotaRO(モノタロウ) 現場を支えるネットストア, free shipping and all OEM parts so far. The issue is that I can find ones such as 81270-60201 but the pictures only show the part from the front and dealing with returns over here is complicated.

Do you read/write hiragana? Get a friend to help you navigate?
Not that smart, I use google chrome and just search using part numbers. No issues so far, plus they usually send out 10% off coupons every couple of weeks and free shipping. And you can use credit cards not associated with any Japanese banks which is nice as well.

That was super helpful, I have been looking for a visual of the backside to see if it would align correctly. The thing has enough holes already, I don't need to make to many more...
The whole thread of his has been helpful, especially when it comes to part numbers and part substitutions.

Not much to do, the truck is still at the body shop. A couple of areas of rust where found, the bed had a couple of spots, one of the rear lights as well as the passenger side floor under the factory sound/heat insulation. I was surprised there was no rust around the windshield so I will take that as a win. Hopefully in the next week or so it will be complete so I can start working on the interior.
truck2.jpg
truck4.jpg
troopy-paint3.jpg

Congrats on your 75 and good luck on the rebuild.

please, what´s the size of the tires? are these 255/85R16 grandtrek ?

Aren´t planning to have a snorkel installed?

It had a factory one but it was just for looks and in rough shape. A safari snorkel is on the list but it will be easier to do once it gets into the states.

I am not sure on the tires to be honest, I planned on changing them down the road and are just hoping they can last a little while.

Congrats on your 75 and good luck on the rebuild.

please, what´s the size of the tires? are these 255/85R16 grandtrek ?

Aren´t planning to have a snorkel installed?

Truck is still at the body shop so I can't do much but think of ways to spend money. The engine has 250,000 kilometers on it so I was thinking of having an overhaul done on it. I live in Japan still so parts are readily available and to be honest, labor is much cheaper when dealing with working on cars. Would it be worth the time and money, and what do I have to make sure happens if I do an overhaul?

Top Bottom