Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Exactly, if your vehicle spends 80% of its time on road and 10% of it time off road on forestry service or fire roads. You should be just fine.
My driveway is crazzzzzy tho 😂🤣😅😆😂

I can hear the slop against the C-clip. It isn't a big deal but now that I brought to your attention 😅😅... Really, don't worry about it.

Hey was curious if you still have been enjoying your EFI system? Was looking into doing the Sniper EFI 2300 conversion!
Every morning, at 20° and 9700' when my rig starts first or second crank is when I enjoy the Sniper conversion the absolute most. When coming to a stop signnornred light and I don't have to mess with the gas pedal and pray I don't stall....again, is a close second!!! Worth EVERY dollar!!!

Hey was curious if you still have been enjoying your EFI system? Was looking into doing the Sniper EFI 2300 conversion!
100% best thing I've done to my 60! It only runs better and better. I would do this before you spend money on any other mod for a 60 or really any carb motor these days.

I did recently tweak my AFR settings per a Red Line Cruiser recommend and I am please. Target AFR at Idle I bumped to 12.7, Target AFR at Cruise to 14.3, Target AFR at WOT to 13.8 and the Fuel prime to 130%. Motor seems to be pretty happy here and it could be a placebo effect, but it feels to have a bit more pep.

100% best thing I've done to my 60! It only runs better and better. I would do this before you spend money on any other mod for a 60 or really any carb motor these days.

I did recently tweak my AFR settings per a Red Line Cruiser recommend and I am please. Target AFR at Idle I bumped to 12.7, Target AFR at Cruise to 14.3, Target AFR at WOT to 13.8 and the Fuel prime to 130%. Motor seems to be pretty happy here and it could be a placebo effect, but it feels to have a bit more pep.
How did you do this tweak?

My idle at 13.5-14.2 AFR is high then??I'm under 1000 RPMs at idle...not sure if to drop the ARF I'd have to drop the RPMs ...yes/no? 900RPM seems about as low as I wish to go

IMG_20191216_113956.jpg

My idle at 13.5-14.2 AFR is high then??I'm under 1000 RPMs at idle...not sure if to drop the ARF I'd have to drop the RPMs ...yes/no? 900RPM seems about as low as I wish to go

View attachment 2158083
May target idle is 750 and that is where mine sits all day in neutral. The air fuel ration (AFR) tweak is under the basic setup for fuel. When red line published it there was a spread. I will go find the screen shots somewhere. Also, there is no right or wrong as the Holley is a learning system so there is no need to tweak any of this as it does it on its own. I only did it to see as Red Line stated they feel they see a 8HP increase (their words not mine) when they do some fuel tuning. As I get more time on this setup I will update.

1576530847230.png

May target idle is 750 and that is where mine sits all day in neutral. The air fuel ration (AFR) tweak is under the basic setup for fuel. When red line published it there was a spread. I will go find the screen shots somewhere. Also, there is no right or wrong as the Holley is a learning system so there is no need to tweak any of this as it does it on its own. I only did it to see as Red Line stated they feel they see a 8HP increase (their words not mine) when they do some fuel tuning. As I get more time on this setup I will update.
Update? Still feelin more pep??

Running great, no issues.

Haven’t updated in awhile. Just been driving.

I have a set of Wagon Gear panels for inside I’ll be installing soon. Possibly a tail gate panel too.

The h55 is coming in March so until then no big projects. I did strip my spare 2f of all the brackets and anything that can be powder coated. So I can clean up my 60s engine bay.

This truck is dialed in fairly well so I’m turning to my newly acquired 65’ fj45 for a couple months of love!

80184665-8A19-46E1-909E-19FAA3DFBBB0.jpeg

DE1735BC-E70F-4269-9421-F628DE21F9C5.jpeg

4E79AF91-B7B3-4137-A0A6-A461161980AE.jpeg

32CEF614-1810-419B-B7F0-6C912C33950D.jpeg

2E123DE5-21F2-4F0D-B54F-75183BFAAA6C.jpeg

In regards to the Sniper conversion what is everyone doing with the fluid heat riser? I installed the man-a-fre kit with my header install and de-smog a while back. I live in New York so I do deal with some what cold temps but would love to lose it if it’s unnecessary once I get the Sniper on.

In regards to the Sniper conversion what is everyone doing with the fluid heat riser? I installed the man-a-fre kit with my header install and de-smog a while back. I live in New York so I do deal with some what cold temps but would love to lose it if it’s unnecessary once I get the Sniper on.

I removed mine.

I later put on FJ62 exhaust manifolds and they hug the FJ60 intake manifold so with the gas priming of the sniper and proximity to the exhaust manifold I dont think youll have to worry. My 0.02

I’m running a block off plate from cruiser-outfitters, but I’m in MS so no real need for one.

60 is rolling! This is cruising around 80 with larger tires Speedo is off!

Hot damnnnnn....your rig is soooooo quite. Lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom