Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not checked my full articulation on the tps sensor. Meaning With the pedal all the way down I am not sure if I get 100% tps or not. I do know ive gone 90 plus miles per hour in my 60 and had more in the pedal. So, for me a 2f cant hold a full 100% on the sniper tps. Yes, everyone wants it, but honestly just never needed to check it as I have plenty. However, I can check and update you this weekend.
It did not in my tests either, I will have to post how I did my throttle, leaves the pedal intact like Dustin's but used an universal bell crank with a custom mount to exhaust manifold, I then used the OEM rod and a custom one to connect to the linkage. It make it easy to adjust for full throttle.
I will take a pic tonight (I have not installed my EFI yet, but am running a 2300 Holley so same linkage)

I can post a pic of mine tomorrow. I'm still dialing in my timing. Close, but looking for the sweet spot. Low end is great, but pulling grades at full throttle is less than it was with full emissions. I should have my own build thread, oops.

I can post a pic of mine tomorrow. I'm still dialing in my timing. Close, but looking for the sweet spot. Low end is great, but pulling grades at full throttle is less than it was with full emissions. I should have my own build thread, oops.

I like 10* and stock plugs gapped to .040

I'm at 11* stock plugs gapped at 40.

@wngrog @Dustin Messina I'm at .050 (HEI) idle set to 750 and because I have just a basic timing light, at 7° btdc on the BB. I will have a closer look at the difference on the flywheel of TDC to the BB and add about 1/2 that distance to the other side of the BB to get approx 10/11° advance. Do you know if the timing shown on the LCD handheld is actual or just what Sniper wants it be?

7* on BB is 14* which is likely too much. Set your light at 3* and use the BB. That will be 10*

Depends on your plugs. I’ve found that if you get the Autolite plugs the DUI guys like you can gap that high.

My truck did not like .050 with OEM 60 plugs. It cut out at WOT.

Completely ignore the LCD timing. It means nothing.

It did not in my tests either, I will have to post how I did my throttle, leaves the pedal intact like Dustin's but used an universal bell crank with a custom mount to exhaust manifold, I then used the OEM rod and a custom one to connect to the linkage. It make it easy to adjust for full throttle.
I will take a pic tonight (I have not installed my EFI yet, but am running a 2300 Holley so same linkage)
I would love to see this setup. After I did sniper and timing control with a DUI, the last weak point was that Lokar cable. I hate how it feels.

60 got some new meat today. Maxxis Razor MTs 33x10.5s.

Km3s are just too small. At best a 31” tire and @wngrog has been running these on his pig with great success. Figured I’d give them a try and my 45 needed the km3s sooo...

D03E9E29-6513-467B-AC1B-DBDE99CAACFB.jpeg

65FBE5BC-D113-471B-94D5-0EA6D446C925.jpeg

Wanted to make sure I get the proper shots on here. Thanks for the tires @wct49 and 49 Tires!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

You will really like the Razr's. I just put a set on my 60 a couple months ago. They do hum pretty good around 5mph, but they are smooth at speed.

Good to hear! It worked for me as my 45 needed a set and I was always mad at the KM3s for being a 31" tire at best.

Great thread here. Have been having vacuum leak issues, so this has Inspired me to do a full desmog, GM Charcoal replacement and Holley Sniper setup. Parts have all been ordered and on the way! Thanks for all the great info boys!

Great thread here. Have been having vacuum leak issues, so this has Inspired me to do a full desmog, GM Charcoal replacement and Holley Sniper setup. Parts have all been ordered and on the way! Thanks for all the great info boys!

you will not regret it!

A few big moves coming to the 60... H55 was ordered today. I have a fully built full float rear axle with a harrop elocker on a stand ready to go. Then have an OEM limited slip being setup for the front thirds. It will be a month or so before I get to tackle this, but its coming!!!

I'm working on this conversion myself and I was wondering if someone could tell me what the tube circled in red is? What does it do, when I was pulling my carb off it was hooked up to a hose that wasn't connected to anything.

InkedCarb thingy.jpg

That metal hose is a vacuum source that originally feeds a valve for evap iirc. I mean it connects to a valve which connects to the evap canister and it’s where fumes from the evap are drawn into the intake.

I'm working on this conversion myself and I was wondering if someone could tell me what the tube circled in red is? What does it do, when I was pulling my carb off it was hooked up to a hose that wasn't connected to anything.

View attachment 2293197
a lot of folks are cutting and capping that port.

All parts have been purchased for the h55 swap. Waiting on @maxbob002 to build out my front third and my rebuild kits are in route from @orangefj45 ! I stretched the legs on the 45 today picking up a set of rcvs from @wct49 And the h55 from Toyota of Brookhaven. @s0me0ldt0ys ordered for me. Fun times ahead.

A507EC5C-6A70-4F81-8A79-7B6A84277DC7.jpeg

4D0867FB-BBB9-4D0D-82AB-0053957759F3.jpeg

0A6D69DE-A7E5-4851-84FA-D694B8307B39.jpeg

72AF38B8-3316-4A4D-94D9-863D4C481088.jpeg

9E8409C6-6D06-46E8-83F3-0DC6392D7426.jpeg

I am currently preparing to install the sniper EFI. I Just finished removing the air pump and all of the smog equipment. I installed the Idler pulley (Thanks Jim C) I pulled the carb and inspected the intake for the infamous crack at the heat riser. Luckily saw no evidence of a crack. Next step is to replace the charcoal canister and route the lines according. I am taking this slow so I don't muck anything up (no promises😅) I really dig this thread and the wealth of knowledge it has provided. I have a ways to go but this is like having an interactive how to manual. Thanks goes out to Dustin and the other fellas that have already done this conversion. You guys had me sold! I was wondering how you guys felt about K&N air filters and using one with this fuel injection unit. My stock air filter is in need of replacement and I thought I may go with K&N. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom