100 Series Cupholders, Dome Lights, RAM Mounts & More - Cruiser Design & Manufacturing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CruiserDM Received my cupholder last week and put it in yesterday. One small thing i ran into was the cupholder itself seems to be bottoming out on the crossbar underneath and won't let the console panel snap all the way back into place. Not sure if this was anything you had run into before or not. I thought about maybe sanding off 1/8 inch or so on the bottom if there is enough material to let it seat fully. Not a huge deal to me. It holds well enough that I don't think it's going to pop loose just driving around. Just an FYI for your designs.
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg

@CruiserDM Received my cupholder last week and put it in yesterday. One small thing i ran into was the cupholder itself seems to be bottoming out on the crossbar underneath and won't let the console panel snap all the way back into place. Not sure if this was anything you had run into before or not. I thought about maybe sanding off 1/8 inch or so on the bottom if there is enough material to let it seat fully. Not a huge deal to me. It holds well enough that I don't think it's going to pop loose just driving around. Just an FYI for your designs.
View attachment 3009550View attachment 3009551
Definitely shouldn't be bottoming out, when installing be sure to push the rear right corner of the cupholder in first (requires just a bit of twisting of the center console cover) and then push everything down flat. A couple firm taps to the center console lid and everything should snap in & lock down tight.

If that doesn't work shoot me a PM and we can troubleshoot/get you a replacement if necessary!

Definitely shouldn't be bottoming out, when installing be sure to push the rear right corner of the cupholder in first (requires just a bit of twisting of the center console cover) and then push everything down flat. A couple firm taps to the center console lid and everything should snap in & lock down tight.

If that doesn't work shoot me a PM and we can troubleshoot/get you a replacement if necessary!

I thought I had done the twist right the other day. Went out and pulled it up, twisted more so, pressed again and it seems to have seated back correctly. just user error!

thanks!

98-02 shifter trim plates are now available, starting at only $45! Check out the pictures below, the letter inlays in the final version will be a bit bolder than the ones in this prototype, but it is 100% an improvement over the old bubbled, faded, scratched OEM part in my 1998.

These will start shipping out in 1 week but can be ordered now!
Free shipping on orders over $80, flat rate shipping of $5 per order for all orders!

Thank you all for the support and for putting up with all my spam!!!! Happy Easter!
View attachment 2984456View attachment 2984457View attachment 2984458View attachment 2984459View attachment 2984460
CruiserDM: Are you considering making shifter plate more smooth and glossy so it more closely matches OEM shifter plate and trim? Thx, and keep it coming! You're stuff is great. (2001 Black TLC owner)

CruiserDM: Are you considering making shifter plate more smooth and glossy so it more closely matches OEM shifter plate and trim? Thx, and keep it coming! You're stuff is great. (2001 Black TLC owner)
Definitely something I'm considering, finding a lot of folks would prefer the smooth finish over the textured. Once I can come up with something repeatable I'll put it up, but at the moment I'm just a bit more focused on adding new products to the lineup to differentiate myself a bit more.

Another announcement, I'm getting married on the 25th! We are tying the knot in Asheville, NC then flying out to Salt lake city, driving up to Yellowstone for a couple nights, driving all the way down to Arches for a couple nights, then driving all the way over to Denver for a couple nights and flying home on June 4th.

All orders placed today or earlier will be shipped before we head out on the 24th, but any placed between tomorrow (the 18th) and the 4th won't ship out until the 6th at the very earliest. I've updated the website to relay this info as well, would hate for someone to unknowingly order and sign up for a (kinda) long wait.

Definitely something I'm considering, finding a lot of folks would prefer the smooth finish over the textured. Once I can come up with something repeatable I'll put it up, but at the moment I'm just a bit more focused on adding new products to the lineup to differentiate myself a bit more.

Another announcement, I'm getting married on the 25th! We are tying the knot in Asheville, NC then flying out to Salt lake city, driving up to Yellowstone for a couple nights, driving all the way down to Arches for a couple nights, then driving all the way over to Denver for a couple nights and flying home on June 4th.

All orders placed today or earlier will be shipped before we head out on the 24th, but any placed between tomorrow (the 18th) and the 4th won't ship out until the 6th at the very earliest. I've updated the website to relay this info as well, would hate for someone to unknowingly order and sign up for a (kinda) long wait.
Understood. I'll wait until you do so, then order mine. So tired of looking at the hated "bubbles". Congrats on the wedding! Be safe and have fun.

When you're back and have some time, I'd be very interested in a protective cover (or full blank replacement plate) for the rear door window switches. The dogs always seem to stand on them to increase their ability to chase ungulates and beaver, and locking out the windows annoys the wife. Congrats on the wedding!

I put my cup holders in my 2000 last night. Was easy and fit super snugly.
The videos were nice to review. Made me realize it was a quick after work project. :banana: job.

Are you referring to wheel caps for the stock wheels or for Method/SCS type wheels?
Impressive effort to supplement 100 series trim, thank you! is there any call for Rear HVAC control trim? In removing my headliner I have cracked the brittle plastic.

Well congrats! And yet you PMed me back yesterday! Dedicated!

Hello everyone! I am officially back at home after a long week exploring Salt Lake City > Yellowstone > Moab > Denver. Cheated on my hundo with a can-am side by side in Moab taking on hell's revenge, what a blast.

sxs.jpg

Currently catching up on orders and should have everything shipped out this week if you're waiting on anything. Lead times on each product will be updated for accuracy (should be 3-5 days max for the longest lead products).

The last few months have been hectic and I'd like to focus on providing a new product schedule that is realistic first and foremost. I've had a ton of recommendations and requests and most of them are certainly doable with just a bit of time.

The next product will absolutely be third row seatbelt mounts, starting with a paper towel holder and quick fist clamp mounting options. Hopefully with a release date of next weekend (6/12)

The quick fist are awesome affordable clamps that are often used on roof racks and super tough, I can imagine this being a great place to hold a small shovel, axe, or even power tools if done correctly. I could definitely see RAM mounts being useful here as well as mentioned by @MongooseGA

Next up would be the rear window switch panels as I feel I owe it to the folks who have already bought the front switch panels so they can have a matching set. Then afterwards it'll be solely up to popularity of requests on what the next developed product is.

The list on the first post of this thread will be updated this week for accuracy on the next products up.

Hope all of you who have trusted me enough to order so far are loving your gear, and if for any reason you're not please feel free to reach out any time. Customer service will always come first.

Fitted mine up. Definitely a worthy upgrade over shallow OEMs

20220620_123727.jpg

I just got back from GSMTR. The bigger deeper cupholders were the bomb. Held a big water bottle or small tumbler securely all day. Highly recommended.

Glad you guys are digging the cupholders!

Third Row Seatbelt Paper Towel Mounts are now available here: 100 Series LC/LX Third Row Seatbelt Paper Towel Mount - https://cruiserdm.com/products/100-series-lc-lx-third-row-seatbelt-paper-towel-mount

Currently $35 for the mount or $60 if you want the mount and me to provide the camco paper towel holder. I drive around with a roll mounted every day for the past few weeks and had no issues with the windows down, rear windows opened, nothing. So nice to be able to pop the roll out whenever too with the handle.

@CruiserDM Will, have you an ETA update on those fancy 3rd-row "dog cooler" vents yet? This heat wave is making my service dog even lazier than she already is. :rofl:

@CruiserDM Will, have you an ETA update on those fancy 3rd-row "dog cooler" vents yet? This heat wave is making my service dog even lazier than she already is. :rofl:
Not this moment in time! Been sidetracked by some other projects and really don't see a way for a clean install without dropping the headliner to access the 4 screws holding the vent frame in place. But haven't given up on it!

Not this moment in time! Been sidetracked by some other projects and really don't see a way for a clean install without dropping the headliner to access the 4 screws holding the vent frame in place. But haven't given up on it!
Oh well, a boy can dream I suppose. That is still legal correct? :doh:

Took about 15 mins. Hardest part was getting it back in but if you watch the install video it explains it perfectly.
4936A5AE-5F51-43F4-8E02-313050474A42.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom