LX470 tailgate lights on 100 Series ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone has put LX470 Tailgate & Rear lights on a 100 Series LandCruiser? (Mine's a '03) The reverse lights on the tailgate of the 100 have no bulbs or wiring. I was considering a backup camera for the license plate, but no reverse wiring inside tailgate. Just a thought to possibly change the lights, and get extra illumination, if there was a wiring harness swap/upgrade for just the tailgate. Not looking for a major project, something snap in. (VLEDS has a cool license plate frame with extra signal, brake, and backup: LP-X License Plate Light Bar. LP-X LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BAR - https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/lp-series/lpx-13-red-white.html. My son just got his license.. Thank you.

I replaced bumper reflectors with additional back up lights.

IMG_8096.png

I also added a small light bar on the rear spoiler with manual on/off switch on my LC

IMG_8095.png

On my LX, I added the same type light bar but attached it inside lift gate window. Works well.

IMG_8098.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8094.png

BullElk, Very bright idea & installation ! - I never considered mounting lights in the reflector spots. Thanks for sharing info and pics, and taking the time.

@BullElk those lights are pretty cool. Do you have the links for the lights installed on the bumper?

Just curious if anyone has put LX470 Tailgate & Rear lights on a 100 Series LandCruiser? (Mine's a '03) The reverse lights on the tailgate of the 100 have no bulbs or wiring. I was considering a backup camera for the license plate, but no reverse wiring inside tailgate. Just a thought to possibly change the lights, and get extra illumination, if there was a wiring harness swap/upgrade for just the tailgate. Not looking for a major project, something snap in. (VLEDS has a cool license plate frame with extra signal, brake, and backup: LP-X License Plate Light Bar. LP-X LICENSE PLATE LIGHT BAR - https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/lp-series/lpx-13-red-white.html. My son just got his license.. Thank you.
I would suggest finding an LX tailgate that is the same color as your Land Cruiser. The LX reverse light piece is screwed on from the inside, and would require some cutting. Not sure about the wiring harness though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom