Builds Portland Troopy Build (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Into Chile on Christmas Eve. Going through aduana and vin inspection.

IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

Argentina.

IMG_1515.jpeg

Can I ask what your reasoning was for your awning on the driver's side?
As I recall, when I ordered it a passenger side wasn’t available. Either that or I didn’t want to wait for one. You’d think that a passenger side would be favorable but honestly I haven’t noticed it being a problem. I never put it up when parked on a street.

More Argentina. Back into Chile soon. Always south….

IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1564.jpeg

Wild Camping, Patagonia Chile.

IMG_1614.jpeg

Southern Chile, Patagonia.

Had to get the oil changed a couple of days ago….,

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1701.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

Are you going to visit Torres Del Paine? It's beautiful and that whole region must be great with your own vehicle. Such good scenery, really makes me miss it!
Absolutely on the list.

El Chalten Argentina and Mt Fitz Roy.

IMG_1882.jpeg

IMG_1868.jpeg

After almost 50k km’s driven over 25 months I finally reached the end of the drivable road on the South American continent. The road doesn’t end in Ushuaia but rather at an Argentinian naval base about 3 hours south. I’m not sure what I was expecting but there was no marching band to greet me. Nothing. Nothing but an overwhelming sense of accomplishment of fulfilling a dream that I’ve had for 15+ years.

The Troopy has been absolutely flawless. A few oil changes. Brakes. Tires. That’s “it.”

The southern part of this drive is over. Nothing left to do but flip it around to where I don’t know. I feel like Forrest Gump; I’m pretty tired. I think I’ll go home. Only problem is, there isn’t one.

IMG_2121.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2132.jpeg

IMG_2141.jpeg

IMG_2144.jpeg

Congratulations! Fantastic trip and thank for taking us along for the ride. I think the Bark EUROPA is still in port in Ushuaia. Jump on board for a cruise through the channels. Not Antarctica, but stunning none the less.

If you wind your way back up to the US and the east coast, you always have a place to park/stay on Hatteras Island.

Congratulations! Fantastic trip and thank for taking us along for the ride. I think the Bark EUROPA is still in port in Ushuaia. Jump on board for a cruise through the channels. Not Antarctica, but stunning none the less.

If you wind your way back up to the US and the east coast, you always have a place to park/stay on Hatteras Island.
We are taking the poor man’s cruise next week on a 41 hour ferry ride through the Bernardo O’Higgins national park.

Are you considering staying on the road, South Africa maybe? I also want to thank you for posting your trip, so we could come along. 👍

Hello,

Congratulations on your trip. You have come a long way.

Juan

Are you considering staying on the road, South Africa maybe? I also want to thank you for posting your trip, so we could come along. 👍
Will be in SA for 2-3 more months. I’m starting research on Africa now. Trying to decide if I want to ship back to the states or directly to Africa from Uruguay. Regardless, I do need to get back to the states for a few months this summer to see my daughter.

Africa is an endless source of emontions !
You won’t be disappointed 😎.
But the style of overlanding is quite different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom