Costa Rica basket case "Pura Vida overland build" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed panels so I can map out extra storage and component locations in the panels. There is a method to my madness with the chicken scratch.

IMG_5170.jpeg

IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5195.jpeg

Last edited:
Question.. Looking to replace my start/main battery (I will have lithium batteries to run the fridge, water heater etc...) and am looking at an AGM 825 CCA / 100ah for my start battery under the hood. Other than the typical factory stuff it runs it will have the winch hooked up to it, a couple of spots for night driving if needed, and possibly the compressor. ANY reasons why I should not do the AGM?

That fitout looks great! How easy/difficult was the install?

I have been thinking about getting the @AmirTroopyNZ fitout for my troopy as well. Seems very well thought out and a great value for the money.

Curious if you can switch the left and right sides, as with a LHD vehicle I always check my blind spot when merging and the higher panel on the right side would interfere with that. Or maybe I'm just getting in my own head.

Super well thought out!!! Goes together like Legos. I couldn't be happier how it turned out. As far as changing the layout I would have zero idea, I would ask Amir. One thing I am doing to provide a little more safety when it comes to possible blind spots is Larger side mirrors as well as driving cameras on all 4 sides.

Super well thought out!!! Goes together like Legos. I couldn't be happier how it turned out. As far as changing the layout I would have zero idea, I would ask Amir. One thing I am doing to provide a little more safety when it comes to possible blind spots is Larger side mirrors as well as driving cameras on all 4 sides.
I ordered the OCAM mirrors as well, but they're designed for RHD vehicles. Having a tough time finding troopy mirrors that are larger that are designed for LHD vehicles.

That fitout looks great! How easy/difficult was the install?

I have been thinking about getting the @AmirTroopyNZ fitout for my troopy as well. Seems very well thought out and a great value for the money.

Curious if you can switch the left and right sides, as with a LHD vehicle I always check my blind spot when merging and the higher panel on the right side would interfere with that. Or maybe I'm just getting in my own head.
Yes I can fabricate all in a mirrored position too, I did one set for a Troopy in switzerland and the higher modules will seat on left side of the wagon and lower module will seat on right side of the wagon, any question pls send me an email and we can guide you through all possible options.

just saw this, great looking vehicle and wonderful work. i spent the pandemic modding my 2000 hzj78 down here in panama. there is one mod that not many people talk about which made a huge difference for my trips down to the lowlands. troopies have a tendency to become ovens in the sun, so i installed hydrophobic thermal barrier foam on the ceiling. reduced the swelter by half. there's a thread on here somewhere documenting that project. was worth every penny, imho. best of luck, looking forward to more pics. saludos.

just saw this, great looking vehicle and wonderful work. i spent the pandemic modding my 2000 hzj78 down here in panama. there is one mod that not many people talk about which made a huge difference for my trips down to the lowlands. troopies have a tendency to become ovens in the sun, so i installed hydrophobic thermal barrier foam on the ceiling. reduced the swelter by half. there's a thread on here somewhere documenting that project. was worth every penny, imho. best of luck, looking forward to more pics. saludos.
Great idea, i am going with a pop-top camper soon. Might look into how I can implement that insulation once the pop-top is on.

Great idea, i am going with a pop-top camper soon. Might look into how I can implement that insulation once the pop-top is on.
i think that'll be a first, if you do it. never seen anyone really talk about heat barriers for ceilings, much less for a pop top. who knows, maybe you can get the pop top company to install a barrier, or maybe the pop top is enough of a barrier. cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom