Builds A Washington Troopy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks good to me, but I'd have to repeat that absent conclusive information on the belt, that it ought to be replaced soonest. There may be a date code on the belt itself, and if it is several years old that is another reason to replace it.

Just my 2 cents....

I'm not a big fan of the Flatlink, but I do like the elimination of both the hook and the wire rope. Which synthetic rope did you go with?

I'm not a big fan of the Flatlink, but I do like the elimination of both the hook and the wire rope. Which synthetic rope did you go with?
Any reason you’re not a fan of the Flatlink? I had one on my Tacoma that worked great, and currently have the Ultrahook on the PowerWagon that has worked well too.

The rope is some amazon special that I’ll keep down the road as an extension. This winch makes some bad sounds every now and then on retrieval so I’ll end up placing the winch if I take it to Baja.

Any reason you’re not a fan of the Flatlink?

A few, but the only one that matters is this: I prefer to have the fewest possible connections/failure points in my recovery setup...and the Flatlink prevents me from doing that. Rather, the Flatlink works as a thimble and thereby encourages the correct usage of a shackle for any connection that's made to it...but it also requires a thimble within an eye splice in order to be connected to the winch rope. That secondary thimble is unnecessary; if you just use a standard safety thimble on the end of the winch rope, you can rig as needed without having introduced an additional failure point.

OEM mirrors added. They are taller and certainly have a wider field of view than the aftermarket ones taken off.

20459159-4A02-43CE-BC51-00F29A3A35EC.jpeg

B5FAC7A1-F1AA-4CAB-B604-90500A6C29FF.jpeg

06BC46D0-F301-4C96-A23B-A1EBDE098DF2.jpeg

2E73C93D-4C62-4CB6-8D83-CA6162B119BD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom