What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a common failure point... worth inspecting for signs of failure which could potentially become a safety issue. Yours should be good for another 30 years.

I happened to repair mine with +/- 6” of 1.5” bar stock that was about 1/4” thick. Welding 1/4” to 1/16” isn’t without its challenges, but it’ll never fail again. :D
I bent mine out of the same gauge as the original one. Water pooled after the cowl drains (1975), or from any other source, failed. I bought the Cruiser with the original floor mats - free to anyone who wants to pick them up. The truck was wet under them when I bought it.

Yes, the driver's floor pan needs work.

I grind for prep, but not for finish. It seems more true to the integrity of the truck - along the lines of keeping the hair grey / no toupee.

My low buck paint job turned out pretty decent looking. I am pleased. :smokin:

20210601_153746.jpg
20210601_190148.jpg

New Episode of Project Wrong Way. Got a care package from Toyota Matt, www.VintageTeqParts.com with some awesome kit he sells. Also, got to see what all the fuss is about using a “welding spoon” when doing floor repairs. Wifey even holds it for a minute... have a watch, and subscribe if you’re up to it.

New Episode of Project Wrong Way. Got a care package from Toyota Matt, www.VintageTeqParts.com with some awesome kit he sells. Also, got to see what all the fuss is about using a “welding spoon” when doing floor repairs. Wifey even holds it for a minute... have a watch, and subscribe if you’re up to it.

Toyota Matt’s care packages are exciting to receive as they are always full of surprises and little extras e.g. Toyota TEQ screw driver that fits in shirt pocket, Toyota snow/ice scraper, electrical connectors,... however, I have yet to receive “made in Japan red pens”.

Toyota Matt’s care packages are exciting to receive as they are always full of surprises and little extras e.g. Toyota TEQ screw driver that fits in shirt pocket, Toyota snow/ice scraper, electrical connectors,... however, I have yet to receive “made in Japan red pens”.

OEM Stainless Steel Roller Balls

Made in JAPAN

The only way I roll ...

CA744B05-3394-4269-A84D-6237EA4E12D9.jpeg
3B19FEE7-E979-4CCC-828B-BEAEE634EE90.jpeg
090F0A90-3D94-4199-BABC-70ED709CB52F.jpeg

Last edited:
Small stuff for the '73. Installed FJ60 plug wires to accompany the FJ60 distributor. I think it took longer to order the wires than install them. Pressing the boots to the plugs and distributor cap was a reminder of how well OEM stuff works for the application. This engine had some generic loose fitting wires that I yanked and sent to the trash.
IMG_6301.JPG
IMG_6300.JPG

Heard about this on the 60 series forum for washing out frame rails. This is a hose with fittings designed to clear plugs in plumbing, just hook it up to a pressure washer. It came with two spray heads, a button style and a rotating style. I found the rotating head to work best. Messy job but the inside of the frame rails are cleaned out.

IMG_6304.JPG

I finished a rear bumper design for @HAMBURGLAR11, sharing it if anyone wants ideas for a bumper. Let me know what you think.

It is currently designed for a 40" tire, and a 20" cooler, as of Hamburglar's specifications.

FJ40 Rear Bumper ISO.PNG

FJ40 Rear Bumper Front.PNG

FJ40 Rear Bumper Side.PNG

FJ40 Rear Bumper Top.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom