What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have weathertech fronts and thinking about getting the rears. Do the rear seats still fold up with one of these floor mats in place?

I have front and second row seat Weathertec mats and they fold up just fine.

I'm just trying to drive up property values. Look! It's working already! Zillow just bumped me by $5,000! Thanks IH8MUD citizens!

But truly...the only good place to vacation is Moab. The only good off-roading in the state really. During Easter Jeep Safari is a GREAT time to go. Just stay out of that awkward middle part of the state. Yuck. Waste of time.

Zion's in July is good, too.

I found out my new windshield installed before my eyes right before I purchased my 1991 land cruiser was improperly installed... rained and it leaked. after checking this site out and the fsm, it looks like I can use some urethane calking in-between the glass and the gasket and the gasket and the metal. It should fix it. no caulking was used when mine was replaced. according to the FSM it is needed. other than that I just drove my whip to the beach a few times ( I live at the beach)

New OEM shocks going on Tallulah. I’ve tried everything on the front left top shock nut; PB blaster, swivel and long extension, Dremel cutting wheel, nut splitter, impact wrench, holding bottom of shock with channel lock pliers and strap wrench. The other three shocks came off with zero issues, so I’ll just have my local Cruiser shop do the one shock and be done with it. :bang:

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7398.JPG

IMG_7399.JPG

New OEM shocks going on Tallulah. I’ve tried everything on the front left top shock nut; PB blaster, swivel and long extension, Dremel cutting wheel, nut splitter, impact wrench, holding bottom of shock with channel lock pliers and strap wrench. The other three shocks came off with zero issues, so I’ll just have my local Cruiser shop do the one shock and be done with it. :bang:

View attachment 2108328

View attachment 2108329

View attachment 2108330

You overlooked the Sawzall bud! Using a metal blade just cut right through the rubber and metal shaft. They come right out. Unless your trying to save the shock for another project? I’ve used a big vise grip or channel lock before to hold them tight if that’s the case.

Last edited:
You overlooked the Sawzall bud! Using a metal blade just cut right through the rubber and metal shaft. They come right out. Unless your trying to save the shock for another project? I’ve used a big vise grip or channel lock before to hold them tight if that’s the case.
Dangit! You’re right. And I HAVE a sawzall. Look out shock, you’re coming out tomorrow! Thanks!
EDIT: I just went back and looked, and there really isn’t any room to get a sawz all in there because it’s surrounded by too many other things.

381A9935-927B-4E55-AA1C-EBB1FAF8CA00.jpeg

Last edited:
Dangit! You’re right. And I HAVE a sawzall. Look out shock, you’re coming out tomorrow! Thanks!
EDIT: I just went back and looked, and there really isn’t any room to get a sawz all in there because it’s surrounded by too many other things.

View attachment 2108516

Theres always the good.ol fashioned hack saw. Blade out with a gloved hand if you must.

Did you see the hood?!

I did and they're dope, but those fender louvers are legit.

That being said, I've always thought putting some horizontal louvers like a 40 would look awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom