Builds FJ40/80 Four Door-H55- LT4- Driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is an amazing build!

Lee @Sea Knight is getting ready for a trip to Wyoming in a friend's FJ40. He's nuts!

Looks awesome Gary, Lee was telling us about the build but the pictures are amazing. Like how you extended the front frame and used 40 style bumper plates to mount the 4+ bumper, Dave makes great stuff. What is your plan to incorporate the lights in the rear crossmember? I saw a bumper on a 40 last weekend from MetalTech that integrated the stock lights, wonder if they could make a custom width for you? Might already have that solved ...

:cheers:

Tucker

Looks awesome Gary, Lee was telling us about the build but the pictures are amazing. Like how you extended the front frame and used 40 style bumper plates to mount the 4+ bumper, Dave makes great stuff. What is your plan to incorporate the lights in the rear crossmember? I saw a bumper on a 40 last weekend from MetalTech that integrated the stock lights, wonder if they could make a custom width for you? Might already have that solved ...

:cheers:

Tucker
I've been trying to get Dave to build the rear bumper, but he has been really busy with a project for a customer. I have just about decided to build one myself. I have a plasma cutter and I want a simple rectangular tube style. I'm like AntFJ, "Heck we have built everything else ourselves".
I'll check out Metal Tech.
Gary

I finished the LS coil conversion last night using the LTCC conversion kit, Taylor plug wires, and LS1 coils.

Here is a video

The powder was Cardinal T241-RD129.25 Polyester TGIC Semi Gloss fine Texture.
I purchased 25 lbs and with shipping it was $177.11
The powder coater charged $1,000 for the body, fenders, windshield frame, bezel, and everything you saw on the trailer that I posted earlier.
Gary

Last edited:
Robyn has super reasonable powdercoating rates. I've gotten him to do all my powdercoating for me on my 1978.

Robyn has super reasonable powdercoating rates. I've gotten him to do all my powdercoating for me on my 1978.

I agree! I saw the pics of the frame he did for you. I have been following your thread, nice work.
My dash box and outside rear view mirror arms are there now getting a custom Cardinal military spec flat black.
Gary

What is your plan to match the hood? Here's a pic of the bumper I was talking about:

3fbd9db14796546506c929869749f439.jpg

What is your plan to match the hood? Here's a pic of the bumper I was talking about:

3fbd9db14796546506c929869749f439.jpg
Nice bumper. I did not see that on their website. I will call them. That is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for that picture Tucker.

Cardinal mixed some paint in the same color and flatness.
I plan to paint it all Then see how it matches then decide if I want to use a flat black on the hood in stripes or partial red/black combo.
Gary

Last edited:
Check with Jason @reevesci (Trail Taylor). He starts with raw bent shells and can customize a rear bumper to your liking.

Nice bumper. I did not see that on their website. I will call them. That is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for that picture Tucker.

Cardinal mixed some paint in the same color and flatness.
I plan to paint it all Then see how it matches then decide if I want to use a flat black on the hood in stripes or partial red/black combo.
Gary

Can't you powder coat the hood as well? Outstanding build.

Check with Jason @reevesci (Trail Taylor). He starts with raw bent shells and can customize a rear bumper to your liking.

I will. I thought he had stopped making bumpers.
I have one of his bumpers for my son's 60 project.

I will. I thought he had stopped making bumpers.
I have one of his bumpers for my son's 60 project.

Worth a try.

Dave is correct, I went back to only building custom hand made bumpers. No more cookie cutters..

G, I received your email. I'll get with you later tonight or tomorrow. Lead time is out a ways right now though.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom