FJ 40 Driver Side Door Rework (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had rust on bottom of door so cleaned it up, hit it with self etching primer, then Bondo and then thought to myself...opening and slamming all the time will probably make Bondo crack and fall out so painted over it w/ Herculiner which hopefully will hold it all together. Any thoughts?
20231127_114317.jpg

Had rust on bottom of door so cleaned it up, hit it with self etching primer, then Bondo and then thought to myself...opening and slamming all the time will probably make Bondo crack and fall out so painted over it w/ Herculiner which hopefully will hold it all together. Any thoughts?View attachment 3492706
It looks like you might have closed up the drain holes?

They were not present. Was going to drill them. Where should they be?
they reside on the seem at the very bottom of the door. They are more slots than holes. I'll take a pic for you.

they reside on the seem at the very bottom of the door. They are more slots than holes. I'll take a pic for you.
This is a Real Steel patch (other door hasn’t been done yet and, you guessed it, is too rusted to see what should be there) but mimics the original drains. There are two.

IMG_0302.jpeg

Hmm. How am I going to fabricate this so it looks even and functions correctly... I'll look at options tomorrow
Just noticed you are in Austin, feel free to reach out. I am in Sunset Valley.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom