What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am glad to hear this, I am basing my modifications on need over want. "Do I need this or want"...
I wouldn't put the valve body as a need in my opinion unless you tow or do steep descents and want to add the torque converter lockup. Depending on money an upgraded torque converter is a good idea. The 3.11 low gears is a must! Massive difference in 4 low. FYI if you do 10% underdrive gear too the result is 3.3 out of your xfer case in low range. Correct gears to me is a must. My rig felt great with 35's and 10% underdrive gears, noticeable difference.

My oldest is home from college for a few months so we took a little drive over the weekend just to get out of the house and enjoy the nice weather. Also did a little sh00ting with the family. Finally got to try out my new Springfield VHS-2..
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

My oldest is home from college for a few months so we took a little drive over the weekend just to get out of the house and enjoy the nice weather. Also did a little sh00ting with the family. Finally got to try out my new Springfield VHS-2..

Stansbury? It’s so green!

F#%*ing awesome. One day when I feel my son is mature enough. For now he plays the PS5

Spent last week in and around Death Valley.

Let my 12-yr old son have the wheel through Mengal Pass and other stretches...he did great.
20230408_160844.jpg

Much greenery to be seen in Striped Butte Valley.
20230409_064333.jpg

Sunsets did not disappoint.
20230413_233654.jpg

Roof rack is useful for many functions.
20230412_132912.jpg
20230413_072326.jpg

May need to go back this fall. Tough to get enough of the place.

Mature enough to learn weapons safety?

That's a skill that should be taught young and often. You can teach them to safely handle a weapon without giving them free reign over it.
Yes!
Frequent *supervised* instruction on safe handling, use and practice is the best way to keep them safe around firearms in my opinion.

Besides, I just think it’s a fun thing to do with my kids. You can see my oldest in one of the photos giving instructions to my youngest daughter. He is very well trained and I trust him. That started with teaching him when he was young. Probably around 8 is when we started teaching our kids about guns and how to be safe with them.
We did it with cruisers too but my kids have chosen minitrucks and each of my 3 boys has one that we build together and they learn how to work on them. Knowledge is power, and self reliance.

Yes!
Frequent *supervised* instruction on safe handling, use and practice is the best way to keep them safe around firearms in my opinion.

Besides, I just think it’s a fun thing to do with my kids. You can see my oldest in one of the photos giving instructions to my youngest daughter. He is very well trained and I trust him. That started with teaching him when he was young. Probably around 8 is when we started teaching our kids about guns and how to be safe with them.
We did it with cruisers too but my kids have chosen minitrucks and each of my 3 boys has one that we build together and they learn how to work on them. Knowledge is power, and self reliance.

My daughter has had air rifles since she was 4 or 5. She's been shooting my larger rifles the last few years.

Yes!

I began teaching my son to shoot when he was four years old. He went on to shoot for the West Point Pistol Team where he won multiple national championships and set a national record in Scholastic Steel Challenge. He’s still competing in IDPA, USPSA, and Steel Challenge. He’s among the top 10% of shooters in the country, and a police officer. Good job starting your kids young, getting them familiar with safe gun handling, and allowing them to feel the fun the sport has to offer.

Last edited:
Mature enough to learn weapons safety?

That's a skill that should be taught young and often. You can teach them to safely handle a weapon without giving them free reign over it.
Prime example of teaching them young, 4H programs, Boy Scouts used to teach kids fire arm safety.

Made it back to Colorado! Got to enjoy a few days in Moab on the way back. Exactly 7 days and put 2,400 miles on the cruiser. Didn’t skip a beat and rolled 295,000 on my way out of Moab. While in Moab I did hells revenge, played around in BFE, and explored around by the fisher towers. Also did a great bike ride through arches. So fun being out solo and out of cell range for a few days for a good reset.

D5303068-B94D-430D-A3E7-FC6E5EB0D9B5.jpeg

BD3865C6-0A06-4B5C-9494-C56DFE41BAEE.jpeg

ACC6FEC7-0D09-40D5-9BA9-AE2E31840185.jpeg

E97CAE49-B0CC-4D50-B011-78F1C7EC0103.jpeg

E102E836-1E02-459C-86E5-6E7091B0CDA5.jpeg

Y’all do cool fun stuff while I’m still getting things baselined.

Alignment, fresh air filter, ordered 285/75R16 Thunderer Trac Grip MTs, scrubbed years of brake dust/rust off of the rims, painted the center caps and cruised around town.

87D46C71-9C4E-4BD7-9C30-463FC8805700.jpeg
3E7BA2A6-F52F-4E87-8321-47985C9F22C3.jpeg

A23D30BA-0C82-4D2E-83DF-EC196F983FA4.jpeg

Beautiful Black Lab mister!

Cruiser is awesome also🍻

Intake valve train except the buckets.

Home cleaning job, very little effort also.

If any of you folks work aviation then have a look for Brulin 815. Water base turbine parts cleaner. It’s for sonic cleaners.

My results are from a cold bucket of solution😎

ED45E1E3-7916-47F8-93AE-D612E683C8D3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom