Unobtainium (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They were willing to ship UPS for you?

Most lights are available... but one by one they are becoming NLA in the US. Later model 4x tail lights are getting tough.

Really need to address the late tail lights sooner than later. Many years ago had plans to update my 68 to late tail lights. That never happened but acquired a number of later tail lights here in AZ. Metal fairs well here unlike rubber and plastic. Guess now with Covid 19 and social distancing would be a good time to make a list of parts still available. Lenses, gaskets and emblems should be high on the list. Early metal emblems faired well it's the later plastic that I need.

:cheers:

-61102 (replaced by –61240) shows for 8/80 - 8/87 OEM in stock. So the 1980s 2Fs are good (for the moment, anyhow).

What is the difference between -61101 and the earlier -61100? At least one vendor shows -61100 as fitting distributors through 07/80. And RockAuto's website shows that their WVE brand cap cross references to both -61100 and -61101.

I'd have to go pull them both and compare. I'll see if I can do that this afternoon.

Working on making TEQ mud flaps. There are Colombian ones out there, but the quality is spotty. Open to some inputs:
1) What color text do you guys like? The typical colors are yellow and white. Does anyone like it colorless?
2) Do you prefer pre-drilled holes or just circular indents that go half way through?

Mud Flaps.jpeg

Working on making TEQ mud flaps. There are Colombian ones out there, but the quality is spotty. Open to some inputs:
1) What color text do you guys like? The typical colors are yellow and white. Does anyone like it colorless?
2) Do you prefer pre-drilled holes or just circular indents that go half way through?

View attachment 2264697
No color, without holes.

X2 on @bmoonhajjar

And I wouldn’t complain if it only had the TEQ symbol

I would go with yellow and holes marked but not cut. Have a trailer made from a early seventies Toyota pickup. It has bolt on brackets used for mud flaps. Those would like to use on my 65 FJ45LP-B. Mud flap brackets only use three bolts whxi doubt would line up with the four holes. The front fenders on the 4X series only have three bolts as well as I remember. What are these four bolt style off of?

I would go with yellow and holes marked but not cut. Have a trailer made from a early seventies Toyota pickup. It has bolt on brackets used for mud flaps. Those would like to use on my 65 FJ45LP-B. Mud flap brackets only use three bolts whxi doubt would line up with the four holes. The front fenders on the 4X series only have three bolts as well as I remember. What are these four bolt style off of?
Well, it depends on the mount. This 4 bolt mount has been used by some people here:
Amazon product ASIN B006VENTAM

I also vote no color and no holes. That would give the most versatility!

I finished this project. You can download the files from thingiverse see this thread:

Playing with some tach options. Thinking to make it so you can use the stock FJ60 tach (not a full circle like the Fj40). The FJ60 housing doesn't allow the front face to mount flush so I designed a replacement.

tach bezel.JPG
tach bezel asmbly.jpg

Last edited:
Playing with some tach options. Thinking to make it so you can use the stock FJ60 tach (not a full circle like the Fj40). The FJ60 housing doesn't allow the front face to mount flush so I designed a replacement.

View attachment 2269868View attachment 2269869
I like the idea of using a modified light in lieu of the stock light like we discussed. I would bring your ideas up to this group for feedback.

I like the idea of using a modified light in lieu of the stock light like we discussed. I would bring your ideas up to this group for feedback.

Yeah, with this housing I didn't make a pocket for the stock light. I was thinking a small section of LED rope would work well. I am hoping to print one today and see how everything fits.

So in general, success! I have to improve some of the meausremts. I do have a concern with the clear plastic piece. It requires the tab retainer holes that make the tach housing close to the edge of the tach bezel. Not great for ensuring the tach bezel covers the mounting hole. I am considering removing them and suggesting to just seal it with clear silicon. It gets sandwiched between the two pieces anyway. Also I think I will go with a 4th mounting screw. Currently using 3.

7510774E-A82C-46AD-8B68-4454E1C8241C.jpeg
C2FFFFDF-90A5-4617-A8E3-DA25CC0D7B70.jpeg
971804E2-C7A2-4402-88A2-4E2F4EE3075A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom