Builds FJ Shorty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bmoonhajjar

GOLD Star
Threads
Starting another build, as if the first one isn't going slow already. I must be a glutton for punishment.

Started with a pretty clean 1973 FJ40 that i picked up for $2500

04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome start! I’ll be following. What are your plans? Color? Top options?
As for color I like the color on the ICON Dynamic Wheels I purchased from @Surfdc or something similar too them. A gunmetal gray.
The top I have is a perfect donor for shot cab and longer bed similar to the one pictured below. My top needs a lot of work and has a really bad section in it, and I have always liked the look of these shortened cabs. My bed will get extended 12"-18" behind the B pillar as well.

It will have a L92 that I picked up with super low mileage and a Tremec TR-4050 with a Atlas Trans Case. The lengthened body will help the the short wheel base as well as the rear drive shaft length.

Going with a 3 link in the front with a dual-ram and a 4 link in the rear.

They make a forged 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern hub for Corporate 14 or Dana 60 Solid Axles

That is the current wish list, we will see what actually finds it way on the rig.

As for the interior, I am going to keep it looking fairly original to certain versions of FJ40 LC's, meaning I am taking parts from several different eras that I like and Frankenstein-ing them together to get the look I want.

01.jpg

Last edited:
As for color I like the color on the ICON Dynamic Wheels I purchased from @Surfdc or something similar too them. A gunmetal gray.
The top I have is a perfect donor for shot cab and longer bed similar to the one pictured below. My top needs a lot of work and has a really bad section in it, and I have always liked the look of these shortened cabs. My bed will get extended 12"-18" behind the B pillar as well.

It will have a L92 that I picked up with super low mileage and a Tremec TR-4050 with a HERO Trans Case. The lengthened body will help the the short wheel base as well as the rear drive shaft length.

Going with a 3 link in the front with a dual-ram and a 4 link in the rear.

They make a forged 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern hub for Corporate 14 or Dana 60 Solid Axles

That is the current wish list, we will see what actually finds it way on the rig.

As for the interior, I am going to keep it looking fairly original to certain versions of FJ40 LC's, meaning I am taking parts from several different eras that I like and Frankenstein-ing them together to get the look I want.

View attachment 2929448
Thats a really cool truck. Hopefully your body guy owns a level, it may just be the camera lens though.

01.jpg

A guy showed up at the 45 run ten or so years ago with a half cab 40. The coolest thing was that he kept the hatch functioning, and could open it from inside the cab and reach his ice chest in the bed for a frosty adult beverage.😉

:popcorn:🥃🥃

That is cool. I was thinking about putting the two ambulance door windows you sold me back there for a little split windows action but I could make the whole thing operable fairly easily.
Ah. Either way, it would definitely be unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom