Unobtainium (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about Aisin/ASCO long body hubs?
I'm finally getting around to scoping out this project. I have a couple of dumb questions regarding aesthetics:
1. What color schemes do people like? The stock color is grey on grey. I'll link a few pics below courtesy of Cruiser Outfitters on color schemes commonly seen with AISIN hubs.
2. Is anybody hung up on NOT having the ASCO logo?

0153.jpg

0152.jpg

0154.jpg

Gold on black.👍🤷

Can I buy one yet? o_O:p

Reproduction horn buttons. Will finish up the outer assembly soon. There are two variants, the earliest type with chrome ring / chrome letters, and the later type with black ring / blank letters. Not quite sure which kind is more in demand?

View attachment 2303939

How about raw... then you diy paint?

Somebody can come out with a sticker to fit exactly in the recess to give a more oem look for the ASCO writing ... or even put toyota there on a sticker or teq
OMG. Everyone likes a different color. It's better to powder coat it from the factory for durability sake.
The ASCO trademark has expired, so it's actually legal to put the logo on it. With that said, I personally find it a little tacky.

As long as they meet Toyota quality standards, you can paint them hot pink...

I'm finally getting around to scoping out this project. I have a couple of dumb questions regarding aesthetics:
1. What color schemes do people like? The stock color is grey on grey. I'll link a few pics below courtesy of Cruiser Outfitters on color schemes commonly seen with AISIN hubs.
2. Is anybody hung up on NOT having the ASCO logo?

View attachment 2337311
View attachment 2337312
View attachment 2337313

OMG. Everyone likes a different color. It's better to powder coat it from the factory for durability sake.
The ASCO trademark has expired, so it's actually legal to put the logo on it. With that said, I personally find it a little tacky.

what about a ASCO dial? That would swap into a current AISIN hub?

What would be the reason to replace an AISIN dial with ASCO? ASCO is just an abbreviation for AISIN Seiki Company.

my understanding is that actual ASCO styled hubs are not available new. The AISIN ones are. Thought a dial that would look more period correct and integrate into a new hub would be something people would want. Maybe I’m wrong. 🤔

my understanding is that actual ASCO styled hubs are not available new. The AISIN ones are. Thought a dial that would look more period correct and integrate into a new hub would be something people would want. Maybe I’m wrong. 🤔

The short bodied AISIN hubs are still available but the long body(‘76-78?) are pretty rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom