What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Out of curiosity, coming from the perspective of "I wish I had a 3D Printer and love coming up with useful gadgets", say you come up with a fantastic bracket/adapter like this but the print is too fragile. Can you have your design printed or machined commercially from something more robust like metal or nylon? I'm considering playing with Solid Works or the like a bit more but some of my ideas may require strength or UV protection beyond available print filament materials.

This has been my business model for the past year :p

Spent an awesome weekend with my son before he heads to Ecuador for a couple years next week. Had 3 of my brothers-in-law with us also to wander around southern Utah and wrapped up the trip with a quick run on Hells Revenge in Moab. One of my favorite trips to-date.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

restoration my 3F engine - I've got a broken Piston

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

This has been my business model for the past year :p
True but you aren't an ordinary guy doing one offs...you're extra-ordinary...or "special". :p

How does one person without a business get this done without being abused by machine shops and what not? Are there services out there that I could leverage?

Spent an awesome weekend with my son before he heads to Ecuador for a couple years next week. Had 3 of my brothers-in-law with us also to wander around southern Utah and wrapped up the trip with a quick run on Hells Revenge in Moab. One of my favorite trips to-date.
ed by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Awesome pics, I especially like the one of the Sarlac Pit eating the Jeep!

True but you aren't an ordinary guy doing one offs...you're extra-ordinary...or "special". :p

How does one person without a business get this done without being abused by machine shops and what not? Are there services out there that I could leverage?

that don’t cost a ton of money???

Looks great! Give us some details. Did you register here on the 80 owners registry page?
Thanks! It's a '96, has a 2" OME lift, p/o added the center diff lock switch, chrome all over (not for long), and 285/75/16s (basically toast). It needs a passenger side knuckle rebuild, engine and undercarriage steam cleaning, interior deep clean, full fluid swap (for peace of mind), tie rod replacement (maybe other steering components too), water pump and valve cover gasket (not urgently).

Tightened my belts up to spec.

Noticed a whine from ?the AC compressor perhaps?? AC idler bearing replaced with quality Japanese bearing in the spring.

Need to get a HF stethoscope.

Another place to mount this mini amp is to the right of the glove box if you remove the dash speaker and the factory amp. No trimming required.

Yes, some amps will fit there if u remove OEM amp and dash speaker BUT, you want to replace the OEM dash speakers with new quality ones for big clean sound so amp wont fit in that location as far as I know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom