What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like you have quite a bit going on with the back of your center console. Where did you get the 12 panel and what is that in the space below it?

The 12V panel is on amazon. The space below used to be where the CD changer was. Removed it and now houses my aux fused power block. I have 6AWG wire run (+ve and -ve) from the battery to the block and from it are 14AWG runs to various aux accessories. Excuse the mess below. Tidied up the wiring mess but this is what lives in there (and some relays)

Last edited:
The 12V panel is on amazon. The space below used to be where the CD changer was. Removed it and now houses my aux fused power block. I have 6AWG wire run (+ve and -ve) from the battery to the block and from it are 14AWG runs to various aux accessories. Excuse the mess below. Tidied up the wiring mess but this is what lives in there (and some relays)

View attachment 1916808

View attachment 1916843

Oddly enough, I've never seen a picture of the back of the center console for the Lexus, so I didn't know that was the CD changer. I ended up adding my extra fuse panel in the engine compartment, but I do like your solution. Kudos!

wow, that is a minty fresh interior 😎

Oddly enough, I've never seen a picture of the back of the center console for the Lexus, so I didn't know that was the CD changer. I ended up adding my extra fuse panel in the engine compartment, but I do like your solution. Kudos!

Thanks

I actually have 2 blocks. The inside one services internal aux accessories and the outside block services all the external accessories. couldn't fit a 12 gang block with all relays in the console space.

Not quite this weekend, maybe a few weekends. It’s the little things that count.....

Trans temp gauge, a little fire suppression and aux power for the poor buggers in the 2nd row !

Replaced the headunit in the truck yesterday. I had a Pioneer Double Din that I installed when I got the truck 4 years ago. It started having issues this past summer where it would sporadically shut off and power back on. It got to the point where it was pretty unusable. So I picked up a new Pioneer (Had them in the past and really liked them so wasn't worried about getting another bad one).
New one is the AVH-2500NEX that just came out this week. This one has Apple Carplay. Added a rear view camera as well.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

View attachment 1916808

View attachment 1916843
Nice hide. Lots of options there.

Mine:

Replaced the headunit in the truck yesterday. I had a Pioneer Double Din that I installed when I got the truck 4 years ago. It started having issues this past summer where it would sporadically shut off and power back on. It got to the point where it was pretty unusable. So I picked up a new Pioneer (Had them in the past and really liked them so wasn't worried about getting another bad one).
New one is the AVH-2500NEX that just came out this week. This one has Apple Carplay. Added a rear view camera as well.

I know you just installed, but how are you liking it so far? Need a replacement for my DD.

And this, this was the whole weekend, maybe a 3 day weekend ? I didn’t like the harness from Rigid so ended up building my own, took a bunch of time. Used the snork as my ‘conduit’ from roof to engine compartment.

Three spots and two floods now controlled by my Switch-Pro’s. Can’t wait to get into the country and ‘light ‘em up’ !!

9EF7DE6C-9C48-486D-B5A2-A72F2B3162DB.jpeg

Did a bit of wheeling in AZ. Then got called away to back home for a crisis that worked it self out so now its MOAB, anyone out this way hit me up. I did gold bar today rain tomorow ought to make the slick rock, well slick. Ran into a couple from Wyoming, with a sweet home built rear bumper.

@OffRoadScott
I am really taking my time.
Position 4 jack stands - 1 hour
Teardown both sides to spindle - 4 hours
Realized I need a bench vise - 1 day
Teardown both sides completely - 4 - 6 hours
Parts at buddies shop for parts washer - 1 week
Clean repack birfield - 2 hours
Ordered moly grease from NAPA - extra day
Got races in the freezer right now.
Going to buy a brass hammer tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread