What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (71 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Assembled and mounted my new wheels/tires.. 17x8.5” Raceline with 39” KM3 still a few clearance issue to address, then it’s off to the mall for some crawling...

5BF67D0E-6A2C-45F7-899F-3684E718754A.jpeg

020B2842-0A0A-4566-B4D8-A937795061BC.jpeg

B18CD960-2786-449A-BDDE-6A1CA95CF250.jpeg

6DC37CFD-E4A4-4DCF-9AAD-673D178458B8.jpeg

Did front main seal, oil pump seal, PHH/bypass, rear heater bypass, new Koyo A1918 rad, blue hub fan clutch, new water pump, fan shroud, all new hoses (rad, smaller, heater), all 3 belts, idler pulley. Ignore the messy bench, I've got like 4 projects going at once. Still waiting on some new wrap for the wiring harness, then I'll button it all back up and check for leaks. Been down for 4 weeks today, and I'm fiending to get it back on the road.

Had an issue with the idle on my 3fe... it would race at times, fuel economy seemed crappy... so I have been working my way through all the possible points of failure, vacuum system is in great shape, all the usual culprits were in good working order. So I figured maybe the cold start injector? Pulled it, filled it with carb cleaner, watched it weep out the end... let it soak and used a 9v battery to actuate it a few times and put it back in... idles perfect! Sorry all no pictures on this one.

View attachment 904283View attachment 904286View attachment 904287View attachment 904288 Oh and since I had everything open I replaced the paperclip with a Delare cooler. The hoses were hard as a rock and just crumbled. Glad I changed these out with good high pressure hydraulic hose, even though it's only low pressure.
Hey NLXTACY, quick question so my paperclip power steering looking part is all rusty and needs to be replaced, however, as a replacement i want to do exactly what you did on these pics, can you share a little info on the difficulty of swapping the OEM one with this fancy one?

Broke 2 straps last weekend on some dumbass so i went to the offroad expo and bought a 30’ 28,000 pound snatch strap/rope. Made in arizona and warranty as well. Bought a soft shackle as well. Came in a nice carry bag and seems to be VERY well made. They had a heavier duty model but i only had so much money. Hope i never have to use it! Lol

Specs were up to 48% stretch, up to 16mph jump on it. 16 mph sounds like a LOT of speed.....

View attachment 1918592
I got to get some of these just for the sticker.

View attachment 1918424
Surprised by some LC cookies today for my bday. Extra LC cookies will be sent to my sons preschool class for his birthday tomorrow!

That is pretty awesome! My son and daughter would both love these. How did your wife (or whoever made them) make them? That is one good looking cookie.

That is pretty awesome! My son and daughter would both love these. How did your wife (or whoever made them) make them? That is one good looking cookie.

Just a guess ....

Hey NLXTACY, quick question so my paperclip power steering looking part is all rusty and needs to be replaced, however, as a replacement i want to do exactly what you did on these pics, can you share a little info on the difficulty of swapping the OEM one with this fancy one?

I should just make a kit :(

I used the Derale tank with the fittings both on the same side. I drilled and tapped for OEM metric hardware. I removed the paperclip, brackets and hoses that were connected to it. Measured out the hose lengths and just installed with my upgraded hoses. Zero issues at all. Holds more fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom