What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know it’s not the weekend, but I had to share.

My wife’s 95 has been in the barn over the winter and I started to smell some mouse activity.

I put three baited traps in the truck after work, took my pup for a walk and came back to three dead mice!

I’m gunna need some new grey front carpet.

99BD4026-9348-4905-A19B-E0E287DEEED1.jpeg

My wife’s 95 has been in the barn over the winter and I started to smell some mouse activity.

I put three baited traps in the truck after work, took my pup for a walk and came back to three dead mice!

View attachment 1915604
that is disgusting....lol

View attachment 1915604
We had a mouse move into the engine compartment of my wife's DD. I had to do the same. Caught the bastid!

Installed the most expensive/lowest return part on my truck ever to hold my power steering fluid 12 inches above the pump rather than 20 inches below the pump all over the undercarriage and the driveway. :D
I cant say enough good things about the new hose clamps with the clips preinstalled. Just position the clamp and pull the clip. So easy, I'm keeping all of them for the future!

20190226_174511.jpg

20190226_174533.jpg

20190227_145415.jpg

20190227_145433.jpg

Installed and wired up my @kelly saad grille and 7" headlight conversion. This unit is awesome, I love how robust and tough it is and I'm in deep monkey love with the HID bulbs and projectors. Lots of 5000K white light with a laser cutoff. Just waiting for my clear valance lenses and grille insert with the 6" curouts.

Finally installed my 3rds I sent to ZUK for ARBs and Nitro 4.88s. Front axle rebuild at the same time. Well over due.

Managed to easily snap a knuckle stud while on the torque wrench. Blew my mind that it didn't even make it to 30-40 ft lbs. before it sheared off. Ordered a new OEM set from @NLXTACY

I'm still in the break in period, but I'm getting some of the common "growl" on decel. Pulling the spindles to see if I didn't grease brass bushing well enough.

Left California after a few more trail rides. Was North on the American river on a narrow road with a foot of snow and a 500’ drop. Had lack of forward momentum. Ended up backing up the skinny trail. Made Black Bear Pass seem like childs play.

Flying back to Florida.

Finally installed my 3rds I sent to ZUK for ARBs and Nitro 4.88s. Front axle rebuild at the same time. Well over due.

Managed to easily snap a knuckle stud while on the torque wrench. Blew my mind that it didn't even make it to 30-40 ft lbs. before it sheared off. Ordered a new OEM set from @NLXTACY

I'm still in the break in period, but I'm getting some of the common "growl" on decel. Pulling the spindles to see if I didn't grease brass bushing well enough.

View attachment 1915670View attachment 1915671View attachment 1915672View attachment 1915673
You should have ordered one of these first. Then you would have a nice shirt and no broken studs because the shirt explains the torque spec for those nuts are 26 ft lbs. not 30-40... ;)

I’ll be damned. Was using the FSM and could have sworn I had it correct. TRIPLE checked.
Will order shirt ASAP.

Garoppolo leading you to the playoffs next year?

Getting ready for an adventure and the only thing left was to check the wheel bearings and the drivers side had a slight amount of play. I went back and forth in my head telling myself its not that bad. I could not take so I went to adjust and I found some evidence of water intrusion😵 Everything was clean from the outer bearing in so I cleaned everything up and repacked the bearing and torqued to 30#.

I love Mobile XHP222 blue

Does ever ARB awning leak? I have sent mine back twice and again a couple weeks back it leaked. Done with sending them back. Applied seam sealer on both sides in the hopes I fix the problem

View attachment 1915670View attachment 1915671View attachment 1915672View attachment 1915673

Decel growl hum? Mine all started after my 4.88 install as well (From Zuk). I personally think it is the rear drive shaft spinning at faster RPM now with the lower gears. Are you getting the growl on the highway? Been messing around with my pinion angle and lift height for over a year now. About to finally just go with a double cardan rear shaft.

You should have ordered one of these first. Then you would have a nice shirt and no broken studs because the shirt explains the torque spec for those nuts are 26 ft lbs. not 30-40... ;)
View attachment 1915713

The lower 4 knuckle studs are ~75 ft-lbs, I believe.

Decel growl hum? Mine all started after my 4.88 install as well (From Zuk). I personally think it is the rear drive shaft spinning at faster RPM now with the lower gears. Are you getting the growl on the highway? Been messing around with my pinion angle and lift height for over a year now. About to finally just go with a double cardan rear shaft.

Yeah, I believe it was there but less audible before the install. Mine sounds like it’s coming from the front and from what I’ve researched it’s either the spindle bushings or driveshafts.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe with the 4.88s the DS RPM should be back to stock-ish.

Ahh yes, I was thinking that was a hub stud...maybe he could still use a nice shirt though

I’ll be damned. Was using the FSM and could have sworn I had it correct. TRIPLE checked.
Will order shirt ASAP.

Garoppolo leading you to the playoffs next year?
You snoopin my screenshot? hahaha...yes, Jimmy G is our savior!

We had a mouse move into the engine compartment of my wife's DD. I had to do the same. Caught the bastid!
We had some in the garage due to the previous owners keeping trash in the garage. Caught a few with traps, but also had the duty to bludgeon one with a piece of 2x2 lumber as I happened to be in the garage with the wife when one of the offenders showed himself, and I am bound to my orders. My inner child cried at the gory mess, but we haven't hand a mouse in 3 years, so mission accomplished. :hillbilly:

Yeah, I believe it was there but less audible before the install. Mine sounds like it’s coming from the front and from what I’ve researched it’s either the spindle bushings or driveshafts.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe with the 4.88s the DS RPM should be back to stock-ish.

Do you have a front DC shaft already? If so, yeah I would check the spindle bushings. But before you open everything back up, ensure you've lubed your u-joints (front and rear) well. See if that helps.

Yes, It is more stock like RPM wise, but the increased RPM of the shafts on top of the higher angulation of it due to suspension lifts I think amplify the vibration on decel. Just my own personal observations after getting the 4.88s.

Sharing this here since it will get more eyes on it. Posted in the Trails/Events section.

Added a double cup holder to compliment the front ones. Thanks @bhicks for making this custom piece to fit my existing power outlet. Fits like a glove.

It looks like you have quite a bit going on with the back of your center console. Where did you get the 12 panel and what is that in the space below it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom