What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the same thing happen to my rusty GX, had to cut the cable to get the spare down.

it wasn't anything I did, except being the victim of some rock chip in the window :mad:

Installed this. I need to finish the aesthetics on the flare trimming, and install the stone guards.

The Prado 120 bumper with flares is a direct fit, came in a dark grey color that looks great!

While wiring it up, I found out that my factory lights are not wired exactly the same. When in parking light mode, one side uses the DRL bulb and the other the turn signal. The joys of an accident history.

The compressor and wiring is next, unless the tires come in beforehand. I did confirm that the boots has small cracks as well. Debating on tackling this or let the shop do it while doing an alignment.

@bravoleader

Yours
full

Mine
IMG_1502.JPG

I think I see the problem, Power Trays made me a blank one since I am planning to install a BlueSeas fuse black that I already have and there trays fitted with holes would not work for the BlueSeas fuse block. And for some reason the tab against the fender is turned up instead of down like yours is.

Finally e-mailed Maverick at Power Tray about the issue with my tray. Hopefully they take care of me on this issue.
IMG_1917.JPG

Drove to lake arrowhead on the gx470 but didn’t go off-roading. Just enjoyed the lake from a vacation rental near the water.

0644261C-C414-4CFF-AC06-F2115BD12198.jpeg

Finally e-mailed Maverick at Power Tray about the issue with my tray. Hopefully they take care of me on this issue.
View attachment 1781491

What if you just turn the tray upside down?
Edit: nvm, I see your tray was a tab up on the right and a tab down on the left. Not both facing up.

Last edited:
replace ECU-B 10amp fuse because the tile steering went out, mirrors didn't work, clock reset, ac didn't stay on, door lock button wouldn't work without truck running.
Man what cluster-fock for such a small fuse.
Flip side - Glad that's all it was...........

Spoke too soon.
I believe the mirror actuators are causing this to pop....happened as soon as put it in/or past reverse....

Last edited:
While not "today" per se, I have my new springs and spacers on the way from down under (Slinky, BIG heavy ass load rating to cover the aux tank and all my crap, even bigger than my super heavy progressives I have now), along with a full total chaos bushing kit for the front UCAs and LCAs, as well as a new uniball for the DS UCA (worn out) to get taken care of soon. Also need an oil change. Also going to wrap the roof white, add a 100W lensun panel, and plumb it into the Victron under my passenger seat and feed the old aux battery for long lasting battery fun! Should be it for a while until the marlin products are released (tcase solution, mar-rack).

Got OSV permit for...
IMG_3760.JPG

Installed this. I need to finish the aesthetics on the flare trimming, and install the stone guards.

The Prado 120 bumper with flares is a direct fit, came in a dark grey color that looks great!

While wiring it up, I found out that my factory lights are not wired exactly the same. When in parking light mode, one side uses the DRL bulb and the other the turn signal. The joys of an accident history.

The compressor and wiring is next, unless the tires come in beforehand. I did confirm that the boots has small cracks as well. Debating on tackling this or let the shop do it while doing an alignment.

So there is no sheet metal trimming with this version? Where did you get it and what part number did you order?

My spoiler fell off (preexisting damage not repaired correctly by the previous owner) so I have a chase bar now.

79ACnCU.png

haha I like the chase bar location, looks perfect there!

So there is no sheet metal trimming with this version? Where did you get it and what part number did you order?

Metal trimming appears to be required a little, however I can not say with 100% certainty as I trimmed a little higher than I could have. One could massage the front part of the metal fender if you had the correct measurements, checked twice, and the right tools. But this is more of a "now you know..." matter.

The part number is ARB 3421410, Prado 120 with flares version. I ordered it from Rocky Road Outfitters. I am still adjusting the final bolt setting to allow the hood top open easily, but it's almost there now.

Edit:
Also ordered items for CV replacements and sway-bar links (nothing fancy).

Last edited:
K it wasn’t today but just the other day I cleaned the ac condenser using Nexzett Klima Cleaner. Stuff is amazing. You take out the cabin filter and run it down through the blower fan. Totally cleans up any gunk and mold etc from the condenser and for me completely took away a very funky smell that had been lingering. Probably overkill with the PPE but better safe than sorry....
Klima-Cleaner Professional Application
Would’ve taken more pics but the looked just like the ones on the link
B6796669-1D5C-4D20-B5DB-5E18605958F2.jpeg

F7CC9221-AC69-43B7-93FE-649DCA705532.jpeg

haha I like the chase bar location, looks perfect there!

Love it! Is that OEM to have the rear brake light blank/painted like that under the spoiler?

I'm mounting a OEM-style spoiler on my truck but I really need something on the rear to blind the tailgating idiots I come across on a weekly basis here. I'm thinking either something interior mounted or...

61qy0NJuzQL._SY355_[1].jpg

Did the 8020 rack mod with stock rails. Should be sufficient for what I need for now. View attachment 1772270

@teejnut Very nice! There doesn't seem much space between the cross bars and the top of the roof. Does it block the sunroof?
I thought the OEM side rides have a slight curve to them, so anything more than 2 cross bars won't provide a flat surface. I'm probably wrong on that.

@teejnut Very nice! There doesn't seem much space between the cross bars and the top of the roof. Does it block the sunroof?
I thought the OEM side rides have a slight curve to them, so anything more than 2 cross bars won't provide a flat surface. I'm probably wrong on that.

Yeah not much room under the rails. Does not block sunroof. And it's flat on top. The srock side rails are flat but the roof curves a bit. I mounted my Treds this weekend with no issues.

IMG_20180901_100435.jpg

IMG_20180826_193656.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom