Wits End Turbo Owners (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running boost, AFR, coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, voltage, and intake air temp after the turbo. I wish it could do trans temp.

With all the sensors the 14in1 provides, I think most people with this build are only running 3-4. Boost, water, oil, and AFR. @jjdeneen918 is running one or two more I believe.
I am not running the 14-1, i have a set of innovate guages, but I have Boost, AFR, Oil Pressure, Oil temp, Coolant Temp and voltage.

Pix or it didn't happen 😋

Just kidding. . Congrats 👏
C862E17C-5241-48C7-B414-A3B9621C378A.jpeg

more over on my ig @_haulin_auss :grinpimp:

Ahhhh, you are killing me! When did you order?
5/19 - It worked out perfect, I was starting a full overhaul of the truck at the time and just now feel like I’ve got all the little post-op gremlins worked out.

So, naturally, now that the truck is running flawlessly and cool, it’s time for me to throw a giant, heat-producing turbo into the mix :grinpimp:

Last edited:
5/19 - It worked out perfect, I was starting a full overhaul of the truck at the time and just now feel like I’ve got all the little post-op gremlins worked out.

So, naturally, now that the truck is running flawlessly and cool, it’s time for me to throw a giant, heat-producing turbo into the mix :grinpimp:
Nice. My 80 started a little knock on startup this summer with 275k on the clock so this fall I began the rebuild. Motor and trans are done, just about ready to put it back together. It's been a long winter without her.

Nice. My 80 started a little knock on startup this summer with 275k on the clock so this fall I began the rebuild. Motor and trans are done, just about ready to put it back together. It's been a long winter without her.
I missed the 80 so much that I bought a 62 to drive in the meantime :hillbilly:

Just got back from a 1500 mile road trip pulling my off road camper, didn’t do the math on mileage but a comparison note, non turbo pulling over monarch pass in Colorado 12k ft curvy pass, on 35s with 4.88s I was in first gear bogging down doing 15 mph curious if I was going to have to pull over and go into low range..... same setup on 37s turbocharged, I was cruising at 50 mph shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear!!!

On a side note I’m looking for someone in or near Hobbs New Mexico with an 80 and Slee dual swing out bumper that might be willing to let me borrow there 80 for mock up purposes? I live in Gunnison Colorado and have a friend in Hobbs that’s going to convert my ladderswing out into a bike carrier, my goal is to not have to drive down to him, I would like to load my ladder swing out and mountain bikes into my plane, fly down and have an 80 to use for mock up with my swing out? Not trying to clog up this thread, so if anyone is able and willing please PM me!
I’m in the process of a complete motor rebuild and have spoken to Joey about the kit. I too plan to pull my camper. What are you pulling and did you do any rebuild/mods before the turbo install?

I’m in the process of a complete motor rebuild and have spoken to Joey about the kit. I too plan to pull my camper. What are you pulling and did you do any rebuild/mods before the turbo install?
I pull a starcraft tent trailer (3608). Prior to my current rebuild I had no major upgrades. Well, 2.5 lift, bumpers, winch, dual battery and a long list of interior items. It was a rediculous heavy beast loaded with a wife, three kids, bikes and gear. But it worked. On hot summer days the engine heat overwhelmed the AC, but that was my only issue.

I'm also looking forward to the towing performance. We have not used our pop-up much simply as towing it over the pass is just too stressful in 1st gear constantly. Starcraft 10/RT

I did a full engine rebuild, turbo goes on once the weather warms up.

Those of you fellas who are into towing, the transmission valve body upgrade might be a good idea since you have power increase on the head end, and a decent load on the tail end :hmm:

Last edited:
What are you referring to?
Doing the shift kit to the transmission valve body. It is a very worth while upgrade to increase the ability of the transmission to handle the extra power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom