Who has a Warn 8274 Winch on their FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put some gigglepin upgrades in my 8274. Clutch knob assembly and brake material/rebuild kit
While i was ordering i picked up a brake tool
worth the cost as it made assembling the brake a 5 min task.
I only justified the upgrades as it was cheaper to order the gigglepin clutch knob cheaper than the standard Warn pn 8326.
My winch had an unplanned descent to the floor cracking the original clutch knob assembly.
I needed a brake rebuild kit also so why not upgrade. the newer parts fit just fine in my 1975 8274. Original brake had the small pucks, new circular brake material works great.

What are the thoughts on doing a receiver mounted winch?

A5B2A1CB-3A9C-467C-A147-63E72B20F4BA.jpeg

Soon to join the club. About $270 USD for a 100% operational 8274. Never on a 4x4, on a service truck deck for a bit, car trailer to load a rail car, and then lived under a bench for a few years.

It’s in excellent unrestored condition… it looks better in person than on the photo.

Yes, the unnecessary holes were filled as well.
Did you make the mounting plate or buy it? I have an 8274 that I want to mount with my stock bumper. Figured I would have to make a mounting plate.

TMR Customs has a nice mounting plate.

It looks so good!! Thanks for putting up the pics! How did the install go?
Thank you. We were looking for a mounting plate and stumbled into your thread. Install was straight forward. I ended up slotting the holes to give me some extra wiggle room and used body shims between the bumper and winch mount so the bolts didn’t pull the bumper in. The hardest part was cutting the hole in the bumper for the fairlead. The truck was missing the gussets and hooks, I brought everything back to stock and the owner was really happy with how it turned out.

View attachment 2838477
Soon to join the club. About $270 USD for a 100% operational 8274. Never on a 4x4, on a service truck deck for a bit, car trailer to load a rail car, and then lived under a bench for a few years.

It’s in excellent unrestored condition… it looks better in person than on the photo.
After some trimming…
45AEDE59-EEC7-4F52-98E9-9F921531BB72.jpeg

Still needs a little more work, but it’s almost there. :grinpimp:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom