Who has a Warn 8274 Winch on their FJ40? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got lucky with the one I found on CL, it was basically new, maybe a couple of pulls on it. Seller was getting hits from buyers in the mountain west and was too lazy to package it up and ship it. I got him down to $500 cash on the spot then ran for the nearest ATM when he agreed.

Found this one on CL for $400 😬

8A7FCBB5-1ECF-4E03-9825-815160308F9F.jpeg

nice!

and you guys are all such enablers talking about these winches! i already have two, only have two 40s but you’ve got me scouring the classifieds in my area again just to see if i can find a deal on another one!!

Last edited:
Boom!

240552087_4222641237849893_5543072919282640404_n.jpg

Recently went to respool & check winch rope and found the drum to have a bit of rust in some areas, wondering if a replacement is available, have not been able to source one ? any ideas ?

There are a couple on eBay at the moment. You could just sand it and put chassis saver silver followed by their satin black. Probably last another 30 years.

Yeah, just a few patches where the rust pits are kinda deep, just figured if I could find one in good cond., just the drum.

I checked em out, I"ll have to pull all the rope out and inspect the drum thoroughly to see if a replacement is warranted, I didn't wire wheel it all up clean, it may just need some attention, good to know there are a few floatin around in good condition.

What is this cover? I am looking at this winch and has the upgraded Albright motor.

C7107B55-7274-4B78-93C0-DFB5613033FF.jpeg

I have two 8274s that I bought for my 55 (long story - one was too good of a deal to pass). I have now decided against putting one on the 55 but was looking at the part's diagrams for my '83 FJ45 Troopy and they show an 8274 as the electrical winch option. Oddly enough there are 4 pages to those diagrams and include every replacement part on the winch. Looks like an abbreviated version of the Warn parts diagram. Probably going to throw one on that rig when I get it back to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom