Which is the “best” or most sought-after LC color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My favorite is the dark blue. Is that nightshadow pearl? Also like the Sage found on 40th anniversary. Black is always OK. White probably my least favorite.
Not that I've owned this model, or have any plans to.

Reactions: mrq
White is my favorite, I think it looks great and timeless. Plus it makes the truck cooler (I'm in the desert a lot), and it's low maintenance.
I'm going to have mine painted white one day.

1A6 - Moonglow is my first choice. Have loved having an 80 in this color.

After that, I like White. I have had a white 80 and I'd happily have another white one. It's too bad there are so many white ones. Tough to have any uniqueness with a white one.

Antique Pearl Sage is fantastic as well.

My first LC was that color. I actually really like that color a lot. Although it seems that everyone’s Cruiser is that color...
It was the most popular color in the 90s not with just land cruises either.

I was curious to know what everyone thinks is the “best” or most sought-after color for an FJ/FZJ?

I’ve heard some people say it’s the 40th Anniversary Sage — and I’ve heard others say it’s white or the rare black color.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

View attachment 2274035

I vote white as the best and most sought after. Single stage paint that lasts forever. It will chalk over but can be buffed and waxed right back to a shine. I have a white one now.

6m1 green seems to be the most common by far and I really like it too. my first 80 was 6m1 and I regret selling it. The color screams “the 90’s” which is one of the many reasons I originally I wanted one that color.

Nightshadow pearl blue seems to be the rarest I see and I like it too.

Antique sage 40ths are nice and I almost got one before my current whitey.

Black looks amazing.

The first 80 I ever saw was red and I loved it. That was before I could ever dream of affording one though.

I like all the 80 colors and some of the repaints. An 80 has nice lines and looks good in anything. I need to win the lottery and just get one of each.

Last edited:
20180911_132713.jpg

I vote black.

Actually, when I was looking for my LC color was at the bottom of the list. I just wanted one that was mechanically sound, locked, and low rust.
except red. I hate red cars.

View attachment 2275156

I vote black.

Actually, when I was looking for my LC color was at the bottom of the list. I just wanted one that was mechanically sound, locked, and low rust.
except red. I hate red cars.

I was looking for the same. I looked at many Cruisers before I got mine. Probably 8-9 in total. All various colors. I did the right thing and chose to wait until I found the perfect one – and I’m glad I did because I scored. I got a super clean totally-mechanically sound rig in my favorite color – white.

Awesome rig, btw! Are those the Yokohama Geolandar Mud Terrains? I have the Geolandar All Terrains. I want the MT’s but I’m concerned about how they’ll drive on the road. How do yours perform on-road? Are they rough-riders?

Thanks!
Yes they're mt's. I've had a lot of different truck tires and these are the best ones so far especially considering that they are muds.

Road manners and noise are much better than anticipated. Off road is also better than I expected.

Night shadow pearl. I’ve only seen one and I’ve wanted one ever since. My moon sand pearl beige whatever is nice too.

045 White imo. No clear coat, no peeling.

My moon sand pearl beige whatever is nice too.

desert dune/moonglow 2-tone?

I’m a fan, those are my fav of the light-color 80’s.

Darker - moonglow & nightshadow.

I have black, and I suppose I like the ‘97 over ‘96 as both black & nightshadow got grey interiors in ‘97 where ‘96 got you tan - esp the black looks better with grey interior.

Is there a bad color for am 80?

White and Black get my vote!!

A little 3H4 action. Sought after and indeed rare (only offered 91-97) *sarcasm*
0D832C15-28A9-4E2B-B071-DF7CEBDB6E95.jpeg
16F3C366-C2A7-438F-92C7-4D56353FCEE2.jpeg

I’ve learned to love it and once I deleted all the chrome and resprayed it, I actually wouldn’t change it!

I’d love a Antique Sage 1B2 and Blue Slate 183 too.

Also weird they made a two tone with Silver 181 and 3H4, but never an 80 purely in Silver 181.
32698DA2-691C-4194-8594-9EEB2154F2DD.jpeg

Last edited:
I have black, and I suppose I like the ‘97 over ‘96 as both black & nightshadow got grey interiors in ‘97 where ‘96 got you tan - esp the black looks better with grey interior.
I have a black 96 with a grey interior so it was available then as well

My 96 is black with grey as well. I'm actually realizing that @Wompom and I have cruiser twins - Black/grey, BP-51s, Turbo (and bronze F5's yet?? :cool:)

I prefer the black over a lot of other colors, but it's one of my two least favorite things about my cruiser since it always looks so dirty and pinstripes seem to show up more. The other least favorite thing being the rattle machine that is the sunroof (@NLXTACY , @Delta VS, someone please make a delete kit!!!)

My favorite 80 color is definitely moonglow, @Box Rocket's is what made me fall in love with 80's for the first time. I'd be just as happy with white as well.

My 96 is black with grey as well. I'm actually realizing that @Wompom and I have cruiser twins - Black/grey, BP-51s, Turbo (and bronze F5's yet?? :cool:)

I prefer the black over a lot of other colors, but it's one of my two least favorite things about my cruiser since it always looks so dirty and pinstripes seem to show up more. The other least favorite thing being the rattle machine that is the sunroof (@NLXTACY , @Delta VS, someone please make a delete kit!!!)

My favorite 80 color is definitely moonglow, @Box Rocket's is what made me fall in love with 80's for the first time. I'd be just as happy with white as well.
Dang! Didn't realize how almost identical we were :cheers:
No F5s yet. Rear bumper shopping right now to be able to run 35s with a full size spare. Then tires/wheels!

Back on topic - Seems like there are really few black 80s the more i think about it. I see a ton of white, green, tan, etc. but very few black.

I think a pure silver like mentioned above could actually be pretty cool looking.

I was curious to know what everyone thinks is the “best” or most sought-after color for an FJ/FZJ?

I’ve heard some people say it’s the 40th Anniversary Sage — and I’ve heard others say it’s white or the rare black color.

What are everyone’s thoughts?
What difference does it make what everyone else thinks? What color do you like? When you get down to it, any color of 80 series Land Cruiser is the '“best” or most sought-after' rig to have in your "stable".

Dang! Didn't realize how almost identical we were :cheers:
No F5s yet. Rear bumper shopping right now to be able to run 35s with a full size spare. Then tires/wheels!

Back on topic - Seems like there are really few black 80s the more i think about it. I see a ton of white, green, tan, etc. but very few black.

I think a pure silver like mentioned above could actually be pretty cool looking.

Hunh, I wonder when I missed grey interior ‘96s - all the nightshadow seem to follow that & I thought black were the same.

As for straight silver, do you count the LX450’s?

IDK if the color carried over to ‘97 but I know I’ve seen 96’s in a silver (that & the moonglow/burgundy lower would be the 2 rarest I think of) - prob carried to ‘97 but it’s gotta be low prod #’s ???
- That, or all the black 450’s were bought here & silver in like TX/CA ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom