Which is the “best” or most sought-after LC color? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mrq

Threads
I was curious to know what everyone thinks is the “best” or most sought-after color for an FJ/FZJ?

I’ve heard some people say it’s the 40th Anniversary Sage — and I’ve heard others say it’s white or the rare black color.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

56E75274-F03C-4AFA-A99C-EE431D8E350E.png

Mine was that colour as well but then things changed.
View attachment 2274048View attachment 2274048

Ah, very nice! I dig the white – that’s the best color! (I’m biased). Sweet rig, btw!

If you don’t mind me asking – where did you get those lamps on your ARB front bumper? I want some for my rig but I don’t know where to get them or if I need a certain size, etc.

FFC400F7-F76C-49AB-B8E3-0AF6EF50F3FF.jpeg

Desert Dune. Obviously.

After a week or so (or once there’s a ton of replies) I’ll tally up the choices and see which color wins.

Ah, very nice! I dig the white – that’s the best color! (I’m biased). Sweet rig, btw!

If you don’t mind me asking – where did you get those lamps on your ARB front bumper? I want some for my rig but I don’t know where to get them or if I need a certain size, etc.
Those are Hella Rallye 4000 with 100w halogens. I picked them up from Amazon about 4 years ago. The quality is fantastic however if I was in the frozen north where the winters are long and dark I would probably get a set of LEDs.

Reactions: mrq
Those are Hella Rallye 4000 with 100w halogens. I picked them up from Amazon about 4 years ago. The quality is fantastic however if I was in the frozen north where the winters are long and dark I would probably get a set of LEDs.

Cheers for the response! Did they come with the hardware needed to fit them/secure them in the holes in the bumper?

I would have to say white simply because white is the most popular car color there is. The 045 white has no clear coat to peel, repels heat, hides dirt and everything else, stands the test time and will never be out of style. However, emerald green or whatever they called it was wildly popular in 94-95 when Ford was putting out those Eddy Bauer Broncos.

Cheers for the response! Did they come with the hardware needed to fit them/secure them in the holes in the bumper?
Yep. They came with everything needed to install and wire them.

You wouldn't like LEDs in the Great Frozen North, they are don't generate enough heat to keep the lenses melted clear.

@mrq You can add a poll to this thread if you want to avoid manual counting. Also you can reference the following for lots of examples:

My vote for the Best color to own is 045 white and I like the gray stripes on the CE models also.

I think best color to look at may be nightshadow pearl based on when I've seen those in person but I'm sure they are hotter in the Summer and harder to keep clean and looking decent so I'd rather own/drive white. I also similarly like looking at the two tones like the FJ Beige/Cedarwood but am glad to not have clearcoat/etc...

@mrq You can add a poll to this thread if you want to avoid manual counting. Also you can reference the following for lots of examples:

My vote for the Best color to own is 045 white and I like the gray stripes on the CE models also.

I think best color to look at may be nightshadow pearl based on when I've seen those in person but I'm sure they are hotter in the Summer and harder to keep clean and looking decent so I'd rather own/drive white. I also similarly like looking at the two tones like the FJ Beige/Cedarwood but am glad to not have clearcoat/etc...

I tried to do a poll originally, but there wasn’t enough poll options for me to list every FJ80 color. I don’t know if there’s a way I can add more?

Thanks for the link to that thread — I’ll check it out.

Green, everyone prefers Green, for sure

Last edited:
I like the moonglow but drive the white. Had a group of seven trucks last month and a stranger walked up and said " it just looks like white trucks are having more fun"

20200314_153113.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom