Which is the “best” or most sought-after LC color? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Funny I was surprised no one had mentioned the night shadow pearl. That would be my favorite, if in good condition. Unfortunately it seems that color fades out quickly.

There is no "best" or "most sought after" color. Everyone likes different colors. That's why vehicles come in different colors.. Personally, I absolutely despise "low maintenance" light colors (such as silver, beige, white, desert dune, etc) on vehicles that are not grocery getters. BLACK would be my first choice, ALWAYS. Followed by other dark colors such as 6M1.

Production wise, I don't know if they are 'rare' or not. I do know I 'rarely' see one and I've spent a good amount of time in some of the Texas metropolises (Dallas, Austin, Houston ) where there a quite a few Land Cruisers.
I live on the outskirts of Indianapolis, Indiana and I see the complete opposite iny area. I see nothing but black & white 80's & LX450's. The exception of course is the one Dark Gray Metallic 80 that sits on the side of this one house and withers away.

White

84620758-5E77-40BD-8E0E-773E8693AD92.jpeg

1st- 045 White
2nd- Desert Dune
3rd- Night Shadow

My personal preference. The CE stipe is needed for contrast.

12th- maroon (not even going to learn the real name)
18th- green (don’t even care if there’s not 18 color options)
Ouch! No love for the rest of the color spectrum from you :(

1. Champagne Silver Pearl (LX450)
  2. Desert Dune / Moonglow dual tone.
  3. White 045
  4. Moonglow
  5. Maroon (This is not a very popular color, but I think it looks really good when the paint is kept in good shape)

Is white a color, or the absence of color?

devo

I thiink it’s all the colors except black.

As for 80’s - I had Sage & to me it’s a Bronzit (E30 BMW color) - it’s a running joke in E30 world like green 80’s.

And I had s green 450.

I like the nightshadow & moonglow, but again clearcoat.
I have black, but white is single-stage/no clear - so I like them too.

Just out of curiosity, is a black cruiser really that rare for the 80 series? Usually black, white, & silver vehicles are mass produced. When I picked up my 80 last month, I didn't think nothing of it being black. My first thought was I was going to eventually have it repainted Desert Dune because I didn't want another black cruiser. If black cruisers are really that rare, then I'm just going to leave it as is.
I’
Is white a color, or the absence of color?

devo
mindblownnnnnnnnn🤯🤯🤯

Why don't you make it a poll at the top so it automatically does it......

I tried, but there’s not enough poll options provided for all of the LC colors...

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, is a black cruiser really that rare for the 80 series? Usually black, white, & silver vehicles are mass produced. When I picked up my 80 last month, I didn't think nothing of it being black. My first thought was I was going to eventually have it repainted Desert Dune because I didn't want another black cruiser. If black cruisers are really that rare, then I'm just going to leave it as is.

You don’t see as many black LC’s as the other colors. Black LC’s were only made from ‘96-‘97. Black is for sure one of the not-seen-as-much colors.

You don’t see as many black LC’s as the other colors. Black LC’s were only made from ‘96-‘97. Black is for sure one of the not-seen-as-much colors.
And the 96 Black with the Chrome package was even more rare because it was one year only.......OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! Mine is worth $1M because of that!

I like Black the most, but only with the chrome to offset!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom