Which is the “best” or most sought-after LC color? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm a fan of my black... probably will still paint it desert dune or cement though.

IMG_0752.jpg

Nightshadow Pearl Blue and Antique Sage are the winners in my book. If we are talking about LX's, the only acceptable color is Champagne Silver Pearl.

Black doesn't look right on these, white is overrated :flipoff2: and any of the stark contrast two-tones are just bad.

Bottom line though is who really cares? Its a cruiser.

Nightshadow Pearl Blue and Antique Sage are the winners in my book. If we are talking about LX's, the only acceptable color is Champagne Silver Pearl.

Black doesn't look right on these, white is overrated :flipoff2: and any of the stark contrast two-tones are just bad.

Bottom line though is who really cares? Its a cruiser.

I actually think that the black color looks kind of cool.

And also, I just thought it might be interesting to see which color is everyone’s favorite or which is the most sought-after...:meh:

Without question it’s... White.

Classic, simple, iconic, lays the truck’s lines bare and lasts forever—no clear coat problems—and readily identifies alongside its other Land Cruiser brethren, especially the 70s, world wide.

I happen to really like 6M1. Other colors may be more popular, but I'm OK with settling for the best.

BlsmGs.jpg

After a week or so (or once there’s a ton of replies) I’ll tally up the choices and see which color wins.
Why don't you make it a poll at the top so it automatically does it......

045 White lasts the longest. Single stage paint. No clear coat, so no fading. Always polishes up great. Not the most flashy color and probably not the most sought after, but I would argue that it is the best.

IMG_3011[1].JPG

Last edited:
Without question it’s... White.

Classic, simple, iconic, lays the truck’s lines bare and lasts forever—no clear coat problems—and readily identifies alongside its other Land Cruiser brethren, especially the 70s, world wide.

And every commercial vehicle on the road today. I just never could cozy up to white. I generally like black...but don't think it looks good on a Land Cruiser for some reason I can't really articulate.

Sage Pearl and Nightshadow Blue.... are my two top favorites. Had to settle for Moonglow (my 3rd choice) when I found mine 20 years ago.

But in the end....what is most important is that they are Land Cruisers, one and all.

Mine is 6m1, but I have always liked the 3h4 medium red. First one on this thread to say that and though it was one of the longest running colors, I rarely see any trucks in it. White is nice too, but red does it for me.
31F1C324-871E-42E5-BB13-457AF14B88D5.jpeg

Reactions: mrq
Just out of curiosity, is a black cruiser really that rare for the 80 series? Usually black, white, & silver vehicles are mass produced. When I picked up my 80 last month, I didn't think nothing of it being black. My first thought was I was going to eventually have it repainted Desert Dune because I didn't want another black cruiser. If black cruisers are really that rare, then I'm just going to leave it as is.

Just out of curiosity, is a black cruiser really that rare for the 80 series? Usually black, white, & silver vehicles are mass produced. When I picked up my 80 last month, I didn't think nothing of it being black. My first thought was I was going to eventually have it repainted Desert Dune because I didn't want another black cruiser. If black cruisers are really that rare, then I'm just going to leave it as is.

Production wise, I don't know if they are 'rare' or not. I do know I 'rarely' see one and I've spent a good amount of time in some of the Texas metropolises (Dallas, Austin, Houston ) where there are quite a few Land Cruisers.

Last edited:
White stays cooler in the hot sun.

^^^^

No question about that. There are other reasons 'white' is superior as a paint as well. Aesthetically....it doesn't do anything for me, but it does enjoy advantages over certain others .

I think the antique sage pearl looks the best, followed by moonglow.

But which would I buy? White. It's a land cruiser--practical and low maintenance is more important than having a snappy color.

Paint Job 2019.jpg

Reactions: mrq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom