Which connector on the washer motor gets the power from the fuse box? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slight correction for those who have seen my previous posts this 40 series is a 1968 model though I think 68 and 69 are probably identical, moving on. I am trying to get the wiring done for the wiper and washer motor and completely fumbled by not taking pictures as soon as I removed the connections to the washer motor and pump so here I am again. I know which wires to use but they’re singular ie not held together by the stock connection to make it plug n play. Can y’all help me out? The wire diagram isn’t so helpful in this case..

image.jpg

I need a late 60's owner to confirm, but it should be a two terminal, .250" housing. Order here

There are other vendors, I just use him because it is Sumitomo/Yazaki. You could also go to the junkyard and pick a Toyota and snip/remove the housing as well. I do that heavily, it is the easiest/cheapest method. Many 70s/80s/90s Toyotas use the same style unsealed terminals/terminal housings.

1705513296547.png

I need a late 60's owner to confirm, but it should be a .250" two pin. Order here

There are other vendors, I just use him because it is Sumitomo/Yazaki. You could also go to the junkyard and pick a Toyota and snip/remove the housing as well. I do that heavily, it is the easiest/cheapest method. Many 80s/90s Toyotas use the same style unsealed terminals/terminal housings.

View attachment 3535260
That’s the connector I have on the right, I just need to know which male terminal on the motor gets the power from the fuse box..

Suggestion: put your questions into a single thread, instead of starting a whole new thread for each one. That will help you to keep all the answers in one spot, while keeping the forum from getting too cluttered up with a bunch of separate but similar/related topics.

That’s the connector I have on the right, I just need to know which male terminal on the motor gets the power from the fuse box..
This is electrical/diagnosis 101.....take your multimeter and put it on each terminal, operate switch and see which has 12v. Then check the other for continuity to ground. The motor itself can be tested with 12v on one terminal and ground the other, if no response, flip the terminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom