Builds What's a Parts Guy to Do?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Main issue with the 62 airbox is that the bolt is too long and the 1HZ topper does not sit on it as perfectly as I want it too. Also, there is no tuna can.

Couldn't that be more elegantly fixed with a die to lengthen the threads?

Off to the diagrams I go and found this morsel.... From an HZJ79 general market truck.

I think it will work. :) If it doesn't work, I did get a back up 1HZ housing that also shows another general market truck. 17700-17360 That one hasn't come in yet and I am waiting till both get here to see which one is going to go into the engine bay.

Cool! How close are those mounting brackets to the 60 series fender well? Or will you have to cut and weld the mounting brackets either way?

I just feel much better knowing the parts is new. :meh:

I get that. Makes perfect sense in my mind.

Dan

Do not put me in front of a Global EPC..... It causes billfold lightness....

So thinking about the two dash vents for the HVAC system that do not open and close, I decided to do some digging.

The J60/62 vents are long discontinued. I really want to have the ability to modulate/control air flow through those vents.

So, after some digging and connecting-the-dots, I ordered 7x series vents.

Lo and behold.... the assembly has the correct diameter. The housing itself won't be used--just the vent with its "open/close" abilities.

Huge score in my book. Got two in today. :)

IMG_8137.JPG

With housing-- housing won't be used. The center portion will.

IMG_8139.JPG

Center portion to put into 60 dash:

IMG_8140.JPG

Lots of those available used, I have a set for if and when I tear my dash apart...........Oh, I forgot, No used stuff on this build!!
It will be a great adjustable mod though!
And whatever a Global EPC is I think the rest of us benefit greatly from you sitting in front of one

Lo and behold.... the assembly has the correct diameter. The housing itself won't be used--just the vent with its "open/close" abilities.

So.....

Are these somewhat affordable then? As in.... should I just plan on throwing two more in my next order?

Dan

Another 'Wow'... You, Sir, have definitely surpassed Guru status and have now become an Avatar ... But I respectfully submit that you NOT show us your third-eye :moon:

If these work out for you I want two. I used some of the side 60-series in mine but they're kind of wonky.

Awesome! I hate when you can't control the vents. Hopefully more are available?

And whatever a Global EPC is I think the rest of us benefit greatly from you sitting in front of one

What I mean is that it is not just the US market EPC that I am usually relegated to.

I use all the same sources everyone else here uses too-- it's nothing special.

Only difference is that CDan and I have the ability to actually check to see if numbers are "live" and "exist" in our market.

Hopefully I didn't go off the deep end too much.

After much consternation, I decided to rethink the airbox assy.

Main issue with the 62 airbox is that the bolt is too long and the 1HZ topper does not sit on it as perfectly as I want it too. Also, there is no tuna can.

Off to the diagrams I go and found this morsel.... From an HZJ79 general market truck.

I think it will work. :) If it doesn't work, I did get a back up 1HZ housing that also shows another general market truck. 17700-17360 That one hasn't come in yet and I am waiting till both get here to see which one is going to go into the engine bay.

I just feel much better knowing the parts is new. :meh:

View attachment 1050867

View attachment 1050868

View attachment 1050870

Dang, that don't look cheap. Lol
That air box I have in my 60 has the same dust cup on bottom. Pretty cool I might add.

Beno, did you see the last post on page 63? Let me know thanks.

I did sir. Please contact me outside of this thread via PM, email, or phone.

Thank you.

Roger that, thank you sir

Air cleaner:

View attachment 1040143

Ironically, was able to use the FJ60 air hose and chop off the ends to make it work using FZJ80 intake hose clamps. That said, it sits right on VC. Might be a heat issue. Planning on fabbing a bracket to lift it off.

Part #s for the non US carb attachment & FJ62 air cleaner assembly.

No real important updates on this truck. Hit a pretty big snag with the non-US 3F carb topper: It is too tall and won't allow the hood to shut. Also, the upper carby linkages hit the bottom of the topper. Not good. I have put an APB out on the correct 2F carby topper which is like hunting for the pink unicorn.... it's so unobtanium. :( Regardless, I've got a lot of good folks assisting and hopefully I will find one to complete the project.

My stock chrome steelies were sold and I decided to get these from my good friend Steve M. who is going back to OEM FJ40 steelies.

I like this color A LOT. :) I mounted and balanced my KM2 spare and the remainder will be installed next Friday.

IMG_8178.JPG

IMG_8176.JPG

IMG_8177.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom