What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This Week

Mounted my new bucket seats, tuffy center box and installed some nice 33/12.50/15 Kumho Venture Mud Terrains :popcorn:

i refurbished my reflectors on my 67 40

sanded down, primered, painted.... lookin good.
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2700.jpg
IMG_2751.jpg

Does today count? Installed in and out bits including carby and oil fiter mount plus fuel pump hooray!
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg

Last edited:
it's been a busy holiday break, I did an engine swap on my 1980 fj40 and then I had enough time to buff out the paint on my 1971. enjoy the before and after pic.
rightSide.jpg
IMAG0032.jpg

Changed the oil in the differentials. Rear looked okay, the stuff coming out of the front defied description...

Did the transfer case and gear box today. Man, what a difference on the road! Purrs like a kitten, thank you Lucas Oil!

Last edited:
Adjusted valves (again). Drained and replaced five year old coolant. Pressure checked radiator. Replaced cap and hoses. Rebuilt center arm. Put a wrench on all suspension components. Just maintenance, really.

Keep an eye on that Gano radiator filter. I had one melt and come loose on a 66 Mustang 289. Of course this was during Phoenix furnace weather.:rolleyes:

Steering Damper Replacement

Replaced the OEM Steering Damper with OME that came with the lift kit. Purchased a pickle fork from Napa to assist with removal of the old. went well learned new stuff and the steering is moderately better now.

Got my daughters cruiser running again. :steer:
CIMG2553.jpg

Sanded and painted the bezel (complete with an imprint on shop floor), removed springs for rust treatment & new greasable shackles & spring pins, replaced fan motor in bathroom and installed a fan timer switch (had to do this before I went out to the "Cruiser Lair", so I'm counting this!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom