What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it’s been a wonderful year exploring Colombia with the FJ43 and wouldn’t you know it was time for my annual inspection. So being the pro-active guy that I am, I took the Land Cruiser over to my mechanic for a pre inspection. “Technico-Mecanica” is what they call it here, it’s required to get your registration approved for another year. They check emissions, safety, ie, lights, seatbelts, horn, wipers, tires, braking, suspension etc. Plus you have to have the mandatory vehicle insurance. Well, I just wanted peace of mind and wanted to make sure it passed the first time. If you don’t pass they give you 30 days to fix all the faults and charge you again for the second inspection ($285.00) in my case. Once I arrived, my mechanic checked everything and then did the following. Removed the carburetor, cleaned and adjusted it, and replaced a few gaskets. Replaced the fuel filter, air filter, all the spark plugs. Performed an emissions test and I rolled out of there for $125.00. Needless to say I passed the inspection a first time go! Gotta love this country 🇨🇴 😊, the cost of living is incredibly affordable. Now I get another year to explore Colombia and then I’ll see you all on the road in the USA 🇺🇸 Cheers!

191F90B2-2354-441A-8B8D-19F14ABE6522.jpeg

0FA7FB40-3B21-42F4-B330-4C8D2C70ADF2.jpeg

83BCF607-33AE-4CFA-B9C4-02F43C80A1C9.jpeg

8F02ECB4-2D28-42E6-ABB2-15C3E3290D3E.jpeg

65ACEB48-078A-417F-BCAA-5E55DBCAD2D9.jpeg

I finally finished mounting the lights to the rack last night. Took me a while as I had to fab/modify the brackets to achieve good roof clearance. I'm also mounting a set of 3” lights to the back of the rack, facing toward the rear. Will do the harness install over the weekend.

Picked up the seats for my '78 from the upholstery shop. They turned out great!!
I used the $OR cover kit with new foams. All brackets were powdered gloss black and new Overland Metric hardware throughout. The headrest trims are new 3D printed option from Proffitts. Metal seat backs were replaced with better doners and redone in the "Pewter" metallic finish. Cruiser Corps hardware for the metal backs.
Some before and afters below. Hoping to get them mounted in the truck this weekend!

dfb.jpg

fdbv.jpg

fhgnfhgn.jpg

I had no problem finding the seals about 3 or so years ago during my rebuild. Maybe things have changed since then.
I'm gonna guess that times have changed since then. There have been several 'Mud threads lately about the difficulty getting the correct older seals and problems fitting the new ones, though now I hear that some of our better venders can still get the good ones. Valves themselves are hard to find, some being NLA.

Picked up the seats for my '78 from the upholstery shop. They turned out great!!
I used the $OR cover kit with new foams. All brackets were powdered gloss black and new Overland Metric hardware throughout. The headrest trims are new 3D printed option from Proffitts. Metal seat backs were replaced with better doners and redone in the "Pewter" metallic finish. Cruiser Corps hardware for the metal backs.
Some before and afters below. Hoping to get them mounted in the truck this weekend!

View attachment 3587643

View attachment 3587644

View attachment 3587645
Outstanding- inspiration to tackle this soon!

Found a box of 30 round assorted grommets in a box today from 1/2” to 2”. Don’t ever remember ordering them but the attached note tells me they were $10.00 . Several of them fit the firewall and floor on my FJ40

Got this 1” coolant cap for the oval air cleaner in the 1975 2F … sucker ain’t cheap…..was $14.00 but looks better than the plug I had on there from some stretched out Heater hose….and don’t say it…. It;s not a p—— sleeve

IMG_2068.jpeg

Last edited:
Found a box of 30 round assorted grommets in a box today from 1/2” to 2”. Don’t ever remember ordering them but the attached note tells me they were $10.00 . Several of them fit the firewall and floor on my FJ40

Got this 1” coolant cap for the oval air cleaner in the 1975 2F … sucker ain’t cheap…..was $14.00 but looks better than the plug I had on there from some stretched out Heater hose….and don’t say it…. It;s not a p—— sleeve

View attachment 3588213
Is that a penis sleeve?

@RevISK …in 71 years I have learned….THERE’S ALWAYS ONE ! Thanks 🤣

@RevISK …in 71 years I have learned….THERE’S ALWAYS ONE ! Thanks 🤣
Well, you did kind of dangle it out there, as it were.
It was low hanging fruit, some would say.

@RevISK …….DANGLE? not here.

😉

No way! Mess with my Land Cruiser, I’ll squish you….anything else…..enjoy yourself

Did a valve adjustment per the FSM. It went a lot smoother than the last time. I used a remote starrer to get near TDC and a crow's foot wrench on the large pulley to get it right on the line. To me, anyway, it was a whole lot easier than trying to rock the truck back and forth to try and line up the mark on the flywheel.

IMG_0795.JPEG

IMG_0796.JPEG

IMG_0799.JPEG

This week.

-Repaired light wiring. I had all kinds of things messed up at the turn signal switch.
-installed a brake light switch- now all lights function
- adjusted valves, new gasket: so much quieter
- crossed a few minor things off the todo list
- installed my bikini top channel on the w.s I’m prep for the rest of the install
- took a couple laps around the neighborhood with the kids

It goes for exhaust Thursday and I think it’s actually ready.

CC60AA07-D196-4C58-AAF6-88B19090998A.jpeg

188BBCA7-8D05-47CA-BBBB-209423986282.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom